[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi Everyone,

My name is Darcy, I’ve been slowly acquiring the parts for my DIY build (Dual 6374, 12s4p, 107mm ABECS). Should be fun, once I receive the last of my parts in the mail. I really appreciate all the support and content on this forum and hope I can master the hobby enough to help others.

I’m a UX Researcher by trade, so I’d love to try and improve the DIY experience and possibly help with reducing the barrier to entry.

3 Likes

Hi,

My name is sk8l8r from Scotland, I’ve owned a Bajaboard for 2 years now and have had to replace a cell and add a BMS this is when I found this site, great reference resource!

I also got myself a meepo swapped that on to an 80’s reissue powell deck and now im hooked, my build plans include

• 1 x 10s5p belt and 1 x 10s5p hub (both 2WD looking forward to testing the whole belt vs hub thing in detail) diyeboard kits
  • 10s3p 70mm hub 4WD (hoping the 70mm with 4WD might make this a almost skatepark capable deck)
  • an undecided project that takes my Bajaboard battery and a few other parts I will have spare when I upgrade my G3 to a G4 (or as close as I can) planning something with FOCs)

I’m also planning on taking my bajaboard to a ski resort :wink:

4 Likes

Hi I’m Josh from Norwich in the UK Bought my parts about a year ago and have just finished my first build. Really enjoy all the great posts, and seeing what others are building.

10s4p Battery 90mm wheels 15-36 HTD5 pulleys Enertion Rspec II motors Vesx-6 Custom Motor mounts and laser cut Alu plates because i could.

1 Like

That mount is gorgeous. Are you going to sell me two knowing I’m going to mount them on Revenge trucks? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sir, I strongly recommend getting a strong cheap used non-propelled popsicle board first and just riding a few meters now and then wearing wrist and ellbow protection. This will be good preparation while you build and you will get a lot more fun out of it once you go electric. Get some kid to show you how

Hi,

My name is Michael and I started getting into this hobby about a month or two ago and built myself an electric Pennyboard. I see very few of these and I figured it would be a little different. However, I need help of why its so slow!! Hopefully I can find some answers!

1 Like

Hey folks, my name is maren. I am thinking about to build a e board since the summer time. i am i generally a newbie at skateboarding. my plan is a low budget board. i have already reading lots of hours on this site and like the open community. at the moment i am still waiting for the parts for my board. the board it selfs is already here, and i started to cruising around without a motor on it.

3 Likes

You can call me Skitch, but skitching is dangerous (don’t do it).

Riding skateboards since 1975, have been fascinated with powered skateboards since seeing an ad for a gasoline powered skateboard in Skateboarder magazine.

Going to start ordering parts in January. Lots of good information here, appreciate the effort!

2 Likes

Good afternoon. Names David from Toronto canada.bought my first board about 4 months ago, a v1 meepo. Have since upgraded battery, remote, deck swap and added lights and go pro mounts. Just built my first board partially using off the shelf kit parts from diyeboard.com. here to learn more about customizations and how to overcome issues now that I’ve switched to belt drive and off-road tires. I can already see the hole in my pocket growing. Nice to meet you all.

4 Likes

Just wondering why you decided to switch to off road tires for you DIY board?

Hi, my name Thama, I’m from indonesia, First, I’m sorry about my english very bad Second, I spent some part like a jjrc 270kv 6-8s motor , skywalker 80A esc (3-6s) + program card, kit parts pulley motor from aliexpress and laptop battery 18650 2200mah from lokal online shop lastweek. I am not build my eboard yet because my jjrc 270kv not come yet, I have read article about start here| FAQ for diy electric skateboard builder yesterday.,., and (oh mama) I have bought the wrong part. Have u idea about my eboard. ?

1 Like

Hello my name is Kai. I have experience in hobbyist electrical such as car audio, computer building and general electronic repair. I plan to build an electronic skateboard for transportation to and from work around 20 miles round trip a day. I plan to build my own battery pack from VTC5 18650s somewhere between 12S2P-12S4P configuration for the necessary battery life tho I haven’t yet made any calculations to determine how long it would last based on 2600mah * the 24-48 18650s. I have put together a parts list that I imagine won’t work with the trucks currently installed on my board but that is fine I can get new ones if need be… For now I just would like to query the compatibility of the parts I have accumulated through research here and other places. If someone who has eyes for this would give me advice it would be much appreciated thanks in advance! Wheels Blank Pro 90mm Multiple Color Longboard Flywheels + ABEC 7 Bearings + Spacers Motor Assembly Motor 6355 190KV Mount Turnigy Skateboard Conversion Belt System 36T ABEC PULLEY COMBO KIT Batteries VTC5 (For 2x12S2P) Remote TORQUEBOARDS 2.4GHZ NANO REMOTE CONTROLLER Receiver 2.4GHZ NANO RECEIVER VESC 4.12 - VEDDER’S SPEED CONTROLLER I have allot of ideas for construction and fabrication phase of assembling the board and plenty experience just need to know if this would work at all with current decisions. Thanks!

What VESC or ESC are you using to power the motors. Many VESC’s have had problems at 12s and I’ve heard its best to stick with 10s to remove any potential problems with heat.

I plan to use a focbox and want to use 12s to get as close to the max voltage as possible. I imagined if it’s stated compatible with 12s Lipo that it would be compatible with 12s lion because if I remember right Lipo is higher volt but honestly I have no experience with Lipo whatsoever and every where I have read it is inferior to the performance of lion so I didn’t bother with much lipo research. Let me know if there will be issues with 12s and the focbox if there are because I like it when things go smoothly in my projects lol!

I just looked it up and the max voltage of the focbox is 50v. 12s is 50.4 with Lion batteries. Is that .4 enough to cause problems? I could probably add a component to reduce the input voltage a little if necessary but it’s always good to know in advance…

@longhairedboy uses 13s with focboxes. you’ll be fine.

1 Like

we finally cooked them!

It only took about 4 months. And it wasn’t because there was anything really wrong with any of the components, one of the big caps broke a leg due to vibrations and bounced around shorting everything.

2 Likes

Cooked the FocBox?

focbox will be fine at 12s, you’re good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah. Well, they’re VESC-Xs but basically the same thing. Cap leg broke off like i mentioned, likely due to excessive vibrations considering how we had them mounted.

1 Like