[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey! New user and new to skateboards. Love building stuff and I was bored so I have en route most of the bits I need to build an esk8! Single motor but I’m building two of everything mount related so if I decide to I can covert to dual relativity easily.

Using a 42" double drop deck which may be an issue but I have it so I’ll persevere!

Planning on building my own 6s out of the 5000mah turnigy cells so I’ll definitely have some questions regarding balance cables!

1 Like

Hello wonderful esk8 people~
I currently have a evolve bamboo GT with All Terrain wheels on it.

After riding it for 6 months (it was really fun indeed) this board cant really satisfy me anymore. So I want to create my own board with hopefully a qua-motors set up and it s own working suspension system. It will be a very long journey and I m sure I will have loads of question. I would be grateful if you guys can give me some advice/answer. Right at this point I would like to ask if there is a receiver that can support four VESC?

Thank you all very much.

Good day all.

I got an old mountain board sitting here. saw this site and had to put something together.

What you think?

Gearing Reduction Ratio. 12t : 60t - //http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTD-5M-60-12-Tooth-Width-16mm-Timing-Pulley-Belt-set-kit-Reduction-Ratio-5-1-/262705357492?var=&hash=item3d2a75a2b4:m:mhHxKTECxJBtlehsK8iMO5g

Motor: 190KV, Max Current: 90A,Cell Count: 6 ~ 10S LiPoly, - //https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

Motor Mount: //http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drive-Motor-Bracket-Mount-Parts-DIY-For-Electric-Skateboard-Replacement-Kit-/142406382667?hash=item212814f44b:g:H7cAAOSwEHpZNoKZ

Battery : //http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-6S-22-2V-4500mAh-45C-Li-Po-Battery-Deans-for-RC-Helicopter-Airplane-Car/292008892385?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3Dbe641d8832ff462c9452ef5d683e47ca%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282368250821

Speed Controllers (ESC): //https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-70a-esc-4a-ubec.html

Remote ://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Skate-Board-2-4Ghz-mini-remote-controller-/152527217083?hash=item238354a1bb:g:0ucAAOSw-3FZAj7z

Total price ± $234

what you think ?

am i missing something?

i am looking for a top speed of ± 30km . http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:6,“motor-kv”:190,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:15,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:60,“wheel-size”:200}|

1 Like

Hey, I’m so new, and I don’t know of how to post a new thread, how can I?

Hey, do you know where I can get carvon motors?

Hello,

I’m Julian from a little city in France

I’m looking a e-longboard with 40-50Km/h top speed and 30Km autonomy ( dual-rear motors) I’ve been doing regular longboard for quite a bit but I need a e-board to travel more distance this summer. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve looking tons of tuto, however I don’t have the courage to pass the cap and build it, is there a website or somebody that build boards with parts you can select ?

“Bisous de France”

Hi,

I’m Mikko from Vaasa, Finland. Interest in electric skateboard got me back into skateboarding/longboarding after long break last fall.

I bought Yuneec E-go 2 pre-built board little over month ago and ended up here when searching upgrades for it. Might build DIY board after upgrades but not sure yet.

1 Like

Hello, My name is Tim and I’m building my first e-board

MWM-4-ESK8

Friday last week was the last day of school for my eight-year-old daughter. I had been promising her all year that she could ride her scooter to school on the last day. Knowing I would not be able to keep up, I decided to follow on her skateboard. I made it nearly 150 feet (just in front of the neighbors house) before I ate it. Sprained my wrist, fractured my hand, broke two fingers. Upon reflection in the aftermath of this dubious folly it occurred to me that my problem was not the fact that I hadn’t been on a skateboard since the 80s, or my negligible athletic prowess. The real problem was that kicking the skateboard places one in the precarious position of being off-balance and standing on one leg whilst mounting a rolling piece of wood traveling across an unpredictable and uneven surface! The obvious solution was to devise a method whereby my feet could remain planted on the board during the propulsion phase. Hence, I am now building my first electric skateboard. I suppose most people in my position would take this as an indication that their skateboarding days are behind them, Eff that. I’m ramping it up a few notches. I live in Florida where I can ride year-round with nary a hill in sight. I started a new thread in the “new builds” category for my first project. I will try to keep the cost down because eventually my wife will find out about this and I will need money for the divorce. I order my first batch of parts this Friday. I chose my handle because the first week or so that I was lurking most of the conversations where people identified themselves were populated by folks in their mid teens - mid 20s. Since then I was relieved to learn that there are a few other 80s children on here as well. I cannot wait, this is going to be rad (and maybe even gnarly or bitchin).

4 Likes

My new projected is named Ballistic Chicken in honor of the rock band that I never had a chance to get started.

1 Like

@tiptoptimmy Yeah, I’d recommend the mbs 100mm wheels and an inch o’ risers for wheel clearance.

Hi, I’m a new member and I got into this forum after looking for problems of the evolve carbon gt. Seeing a lot of people have trouble with this and I myself have had troubles with inboard m1 I’m looking into building one myself. At least then I can service it myself and got nobody else to blame.

Can I build something with the performance of the evolve carbon gt myself? I’m a heavy rider at 90kg and the inboard m1 just doesn’t cut it uphill :confused: I’m happy with everything else about the board tho…

1 Like

Hey guys, my name’s Evan and I’m just putting together my first eboard. Currently I have the deck, wheels, and trucks and am purchasing the other parts. I’m planning on buying two Turnigy sk3 aerodrive 5065 280kV motors, 3 Turnigy 580mAh 4S 35C 14.8V LiPo batteries, and a standard transmitter and receiver, a motor mount for both motors, and some type of ESC. I have 3 questions:

1. Will the batteries work with those two motors?
  2. How should I mount my motors? Should I mount them DD, DR, or DF?
  3. What type of ESC should I buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hey all :slight_smile: Excited to build my first esk8. Based out of southern California. Stoked to be part of the community!

Hi All

First of all let me say - an awesome forum, very informative and alive! I want to introduce myself, I’m Dani, 36, currently live in US. I’m engineer by profession and an avid DIYer in heart :slight_smile:, it is so great to see a lot of creative people here, really refreshing. Couple of months ago I started a self motivated project, you can check it here: dosimplecarbon.com, go to The Project tab. I think this forum might be interested in this topic, because It’s really innovative and different. I update the project on a weekly basis, and it is progressing in a good pace, you can ask anything you like and I will answer to the best of my abilities :slight_smile:

And first questions from my side. I’ve searched this forum for pneumatic wheels, whenever they are used it is typically 5-6" wheels which are mounted on standard trucks with spacers. Is this the common practice? Are you satisfied with this method? Is this a real problem? I mean do you want to be able to mount the bigger wheels on standard trucks? With say any spacing?

I’m asking because I might have a solution for this issue, and would really want to explore this.

I’m really glad to be a part of this community.

Enjoy, Dani

1 Like

Need a controller so I can control the speed on the left and right rear wheels

hello i am trying to make a beunlimted mountain board it is nearly there but the aliment is not right i am using the trampa moter mount kit please help

<i

1 Like

hi my name is Hans Gomez i am new in this topic, i want you i help with building my skateboard electric.i bought this kit in Enertion

i want to know why this engine it is not fast. I could say that speed can reach with this engine?

could you help me

Hey. just finished building a computer and fancied a new project. been into mountain boarding a few years now so building an electric board seemed a fun thing to try out. hoping some of you veterans can give me some advice! hope to see you all in the threads ^-^

Hey im new to these forums, but ive browsed around and the community looks great. Im planing on posting a build log of a folding e skate. I have woodworking and rc experience but i am new to long boarding and electric skateboards.