[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey Lox, sounds good mate. I don’t have a board as yet, well I have my normal longboard, but am waiting on parts to start my new build. Where are you in Melb? I’m based in Brunswick but can cruise anywhere to catch up for a coffee

I’m about 10 minutes from the city. I am 13 so I’ll have a hot chocolate. Haha

2 Likes

Hot chocolate sounds good mate haha, I’m interstate for work at the moment, but will be back in the city next week, have you got a board at the moment? Maybe we could catch up for a ride? I can bike anywhere around the city area

I’m close to fixing my build. A bit of soldering. It is my first build and it is pretty slow. I am collecting parts for my next build which should go 45kmh

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m Ivan, from Moscow.

There is my plan:

Motor - Maytech 200kv 3510W motor for e-board

ESC - Maytech 150A ESC for e-board

And 6s 5000mah battery for beginning.

All mechanical parts like motor mount will be custom. So, will this set work? I’read a lot, but still not sure about this.

3 Likes

Looks good

Whats up guys, newbie here from Long Island. Grew up with a surfboard under my feet and now with two young kids, the only time I get is late at night so I thought I would give this a try. Here is what I am planning. Let me know if anything seems out of order. Thanks!

Loaded Bamboo Vanguard 42" Flex 2 Enertion Mono Drive R-SPEC Pro+ with R-SPEC 6374 BIGBOY Motor Vedder’s Speed Controller from Ollin Board Company WII Kama x2 - ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 6S1P 30C DIY Electric Anti Spark ON?OFF Switch DIY Electric Enclosures…

Look Good?

I’m from New York myself. Born and raised in Rochester. But now I reside in Dallas, Texas. :ok_hand: Welcome to e-board builders. The crew here is great. Feel free to ask questions. We are not short of any answers.

1 Like

Thanks DarkVAngel. Ive been reading for a few weeks now, wealth of info here, almost too much. Im pretty sure I have the basics down though. How does my setup look?

All looks good. You might have to question :grey_question: that Wii controller. Many of the guys find it very faulty. They say :yum: the transmitter drops signal frequently. That’s not safe especially going high :speech_balloon: speeds. But that’s what they tell me. But other than that. It looks :+1: good.

It would be the Wii Kama, mod the receiver to fit the VESC. Ill keep my fingers crossed, Ive calculated top speed of about 25mph, so crashing that fast would not be good. Thank again.

Yeah upstate lol

Hi everyone, just recently found out about esk8’s. I lovecruising on my longboard but don’t get out as much as I like, The commuting aspect of an esk8 makes so much sense to me, In the congested city of Vancouver Canada where I live. My car is a huge gas guzzler as well. This is easy to justify to myself, hehe.

Hello everybody!

I’m in the UK, currently designing my first build.

I’m thinking about a 36/40" ish kicktail board (as I love that style on my little Penny), but struggling to find a board that I want that doesn’t eat my purse with the shipping fees :confused:

Aiming for more of a good torque build rather than top speeds as I have lots of hills as well as flat areas around me.

Anyway, I’ll post up progress pics as soon as I have my parts.

6 Likes

Right on, whats your part list?

Hi, I’m new to building a board; I live near beach, very sandy. Would like to build a board with 10" tires. Want to use the best batterys for a dual drive, and motors. Looking at Enertiion’s products. Does anyone know where to get the dual drive trucks with right gearing & pulleys for 2 10" off road tires? thks.

2 Likes

I built my first longboard in 1969 aged 10 using skate board wheels. I havent boarded for about 4 years. I am considering building an electric one and could do with some advise. My plan is not to use radio or wifi. I like light weight wooden boards so I was thinking of setting up the electrics and battery in a dedicated back pack with a cable which can just be joined to the motor with ease. It allows for extra battery power and no need for radio. A hand device similar to an old fashioned scale electrix would be used to control speed and breaking. What advise do you guys have for an old timer.

Lol welcome old timer…

Not sure who may have this info for a wired solution…

But…start build thread…be detailed…I’m sure someone will chime in…

Good luck

Thanks. I beleive in keeping things as mechanical as possible. Less to go wrong.

Good luck finding parts …