(new member) Advice for building an all-terrain drop-down deck board?

What a beauty @psychotiller !!! What’s your two cents on my questions?

It’s great over varied terrain! Sand? Probably not so much haha. It’s really become my favorite board though. If I can sort out the lack of aggressiveness from my vescs it’ll be unbeatable.

1 Like

Humm…ok…I’ll reconsider…@cmatson said dual would of been a better option…he says both rear…you have any thoughts on a diagonal off road set up?

Oh u mention the vesc…what’s up with that issue? If you could expand your problem with this set up.

The smoothing is different in a vesc. It’s not punchy like my other escs were. It takes alot longer to go full throttle. With my 10s4p battery I thought I would be getting alot more throttle response. I haven’t given up yet, just would like to find some results.

I haven’t run dual diagonal. But I’m guessing dual rear is more predictable traction wise. Especially in dirt

Sorry for the confusion-

I wasn’t actually riding my board on the beach just at it… Like the sidewalks and streets running near the coast are covered in sand, making normal skate wheels slip on the pavement.

I was referring to enertions recent breakthrough board!

ah yes, nevermind then.

I have to admit I’ve always wanted to ride on the beach, but didn’t feel like sand + brushless outrunners and skateboard bearings was a good combo…

maybe hub motors (if they prove to have enough power) would be the way to go.

I’ll have to wait for my wallet to get fatter though before I start dropping money on a board to tear up the beach…

Yeah … Agreed … Brushless motors and sand… Will never mix…

I’m not so interested in the riding the sand…but like you…by the beach…the crappy shore sidewalk…the occasional boardwalk like back east and the random trail …just places that our normal e-boards aren’t suited…

Rear or diagonal not sure … Although I would have to agree with @psychotiller that diagonal would spread traction to the front and back …

Ok things to consider gentlemen :facepunch:t2:

@onloop any update on the prototype from the video by any chance?

Didn’t get any further than buying a drop-deck board for this, then decision/research overload (and work commitments, uh…) set in :slight_smile:

If it’s on hold for the foreseeable, can anyone point me to say a 5" Skike wheel based build I could try to follow? (seems to be about all you can get at the moment in terms of small pneumatics…)

@dsmudget I have some wheels available jus no pulley yet.

ah ok nice, I was actually looking on your site just earlier today :slight_smile: thought about just going for one of your solid-wheel mech kits, even briefly thought about the hub motor setup due to the relative simplicity, but TBH pretty keen on a pneumatic+drop-deck setup… Do you have a link to the wheels? And would you recommend waiting until you have a matching pulley or can I easily pick one up elsewhere?

We’ll if you couldn’t wait the quicker way is to go to SDP-si.com and get a 50T option for a polycarbonate pulley and drill through it. That works too. Just make sure it’s centered properly.

Nah, it’s fine, I can wait, by all means ping me when ready / I’ll keep checking DIY-ES from time to time for any pneumatic-related kits or parts :slight_smile: