(new) maytech mto-6880 190kv ha c3 (for the hard core)

Anyone wanna build a monster with 4wd 8085s and some high voltage ESCs

2 Likes

@hyperIon1 motors received, thank you for ensuring that.

My initial impressions of this motor couldnā€™t be overstated. Right out of the box, this is easily a step in the right direction. Can support. 10mm shaft. beautiful construction.

Yeah after riding for a while, I donā€™t think I can really make a direct 1:1 comparison between 6374 and 6880, but my initial impression is that the 6880 are stronger. Maybe it has to do with better magnetic flux containment or something who knows :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Mmmmm they have arrived https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/9498?u=skunk

1 Like

@skunk You have a plan for them yet?

1 Like

Might put them on my hummie deck.
But im leaning towards putting them on my Redember shuggah build.

1 Like

Yea these motors need a solid mount and truck for the weight. Iā€™m pretty much convinced that Iā€™m going to use surfrodz on my next build

1 Like

Only thing ive used so far. 2 sets tkp 1 rkp. I am working on a budget thrasher board with caliber trucks now tho

Iā€™ve only used caliber style trucks, really like them and they ride well with the right setup. Cast trucks though kinda donā€™t wanna take any risks with em at speed

1 Like

I think the big improvement is the rim bearing, Iā€™m sure that makes the bell more stable and able to take a hit or two. Now we need to make them indestructible (or at least longer lasting) with a hardening process, better materials used in securing magnets and rings, higher temperature thresholds, the next step is to make whatā€™s here better.

2 Likes

@Sender you know what to do

1 Like

They should just come battle hardened honestlyā€¦ I really like maytech motors, best I have used so far.

I need to order those 6880s, but I am curious about the 8085s for the mountain boardā€¦

3 Likes

You should do a write up bud. Iā€™d love to beef these already beefy motors up.

1 Like

That video on here is all I did (canā€™t remember where it is). Nothing to it really, I just already had the materials on hand

1 Like

I missed the videoā€¦ crap. This place has a search function right?

1 Like
12 Likes

Look in the bottom left of the image, very similar to @mmanerā€™s avatar, lol.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s with the nerdy @mmaner logo. It looks like his clean(er) cut accountant brother. :rofl:

5 Likes

My intention is to shine a light on the process with the sales and engineering department. Now Iā€™m sure it will come at a cost, but pushing usually turns new procedures into standard ones.

2 Likes

I am psyched they are/may be coming to CO. It will be cool to give them se good feedback and good points of improvement

1 Like