(new) maytech mto-6880 190kv ha c3 (for the hard core)

yeah but how much is useable due to lack of water cooling? :thinking:

I would imagine that thing gets H A W T

Rating for volts is misleading n only real limit is rpm of bearings

Anyone wanna build a monster with 4wd 8085s and some high voltage ESCs

2 Likes

@hyperIon1 motors received, thank you for ensuring that.

My initial impressions of this motor couldn’t be overstated. Right out of the box, this is easily a step in the right direction. Can support. 10mm shaft. beautiful construction.

Yeah after riding for a while, I don’t think I can really make a direct 1:1 comparison between 6374 and 6880, but my initial impression is that the 6880 are stronger. Maybe it has to do with better magnetic flux containment or something who knows :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Mmmmm they have arrived https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/9498?u=skunk

1 Like

@skunk You have a plan for them yet?

1 Like

Might put them on my hummie deck.
But im leaning towards putting them on my Redember shuggah build.

1 Like

Yea these motors need a solid mount and truck for the weight. I’m pretty much convinced that I’m going to use surfrodz on my next build

1 Like

Only thing ive used so far. 2 sets tkp 1 rkp. I am working on a budget thrasher board with caliber trucks now tho

I’ve only used caliber style trucks, really like them and they ride well with the right setup. Cast trucks though kinda don’t wanna take any risks with em at speed

1 Like

I think the big improvement is the rim bearing, I’m sure that makes the bell more stable and able to take a hit or two. Now we need to make them indestructible (or at least longer lasting) with a hardening process, better materials used in securing magnets and rings, higher temperature thresholds, the next step is to make what’s here better.

2 Likes

@Sender you know what to do

1 Like

They should just come battle hardened honestly… I really like maytech motors, best I have used so far.

I need to order those 6880s, but I am curious about the 8085s for the mountain board…

3 Likes

You should do a write up bud. I’d love to beef these already beefy motors up.

1 Like

That video on here is all I did (can’t remember where it is). Nothing to it really, I just already had the materials on hand

1 Like

I missed the video… crap. This place has a search function right?

1 Like
12 Likes

Look in the bottom left of the image, very similar to @mmaner’s avatar, lol.

4 Likes

What’s with the nerdy @mmaner logo. It looks like his clean(er) cut accountant brother. :rofl:

5 Likes