New Leif Board?

Wise words… I think it might have happened similarly… they just picked up a good idea, patented it, so that the next neighbour does not do the same…

If I blocked you it was likely because you are such a rock to talk to that you don’t inherently take in any information in because you are just stubborn. I don’t waste my time in circular arguments with people who have nothing to add or argue to a conversation. If theres another company that makes freebords they are likely licensed by freebord because they do have a patent on their design. Aaron the owner is a snowboarder and actually had never ridden a freebord so another point void for you. Finally to the point you just made “a fact is a fact”, they are different products not the same. If a company called skateboard existed and licensed out the rights to other companies to make skateboards and then Joe Shmo comes along and makes a similar design with a motor attached to it (its a different product using a similar design concept). Thanks for reminding me why I blocked you though as you have pretty much brought up more and more circular arguments that don’t advance your point, they just prove how friggin stubborn you are to give credit to other people. Either way everything on this planet is unoriginal, everyone copies off of other peoples designs and either changes it, improves it or makes it different, that doesn’t make those things the same products as they have been modified and changed to represent something completely different than the original. But don’t be frustrated because you have yet to come up with a good point to argue the product besides saying COPYCAT COPYCAT COPYCAT!!! To PXSS I’m not screwing anyone, I happen to like a product and think that the company behind is a cool and original design and at most would hope to become a product representative in the future if that position were open, which it is not. Not only that you have chauvinistic one sided argument like accusing me of sleeping with the owner because apparently all women must be sleeping with someone because they support something? I don’t come out and accuse you of sleeping with the owner of Trampa boards because you’re on a DIY forum because that would be an immature and stupid thing to say. Okami seems to have some sense here and realizes like I do that the company was smart and got ahead of the game by taking a “Concept” that which is freebord and taking it in an entirely different direction. None the less that the product feels more like a snowboard than a freebord because that’s what they were aiming for, and that’s even what they programmed the computer that controls the motors to emulate by adding motor resistance to recreate that feeling.

Two can play that game lol

It’s not an entirely new direction…Get over it. Please

Snowboard the streets was freebord’s slogan right out of the gates!

6 Likes

I swear if you guys start a flagging war like a few weeks ago… lol there are no pretty ending to those

4 Likes

Kindly, sincerely…if you want to get all worked up at least know what the hell you’re talking about. https://player.vimeo.com/video/85839160" width=“640” height=“360” frameborder="

The punk rock thing to do right there would have been to flag you haha. Oh well…

4 Likes

This shouldn’t even be a point of contention. The creators of LEIFtech literally said in their interview that they based it off of a freebord.

1 Like

Do you work for Leif?

No but I would love to! I simply think it’s a great product and like to back up things that I enjoy. I’m a life long snowboarder who grew up in Colorado going to the mountains all the time and this product is literally one my favorite things I’ve invested in and owned in a long time. I love the fact that I can carve up hills, something a freebord can’t do and I think the company has delivered a top quality product. I’m just a person who gets personally excited when I really love something and likes to talk about it. I like sharing my experiences with the product because I think other snowboarders would absolutely fall in love with this product during the summer when they aren’t able to bomb down a mountain. Also there is incredibly limited information on the product online and I believe in sharing the wealth of knowledge I have on it in order to help others make informed decisions about a product before they make the $1700 investment into it. I’m sorry if that bothers some people that a person actually is excited about something they own and use on a daily basis. How many freeborders can say they commute to work on their freebord? How many snowboarders can commute to their work down a mountain? To me its just awesome, I get to do a sport I very much love every day without the restrictions of weather or needing a hill and gravity in order to do so.

2 Likes

Got any videos?

I’m actually trying to put one together this week now that we finally have some sunny weather up here since its been pretty crummy weather the last couple of months in NYC, but I’d love to post it as soon as I get a few more good shots and edit it together so you can get a feel for the product!

You technically could slide on a longboard/esk8. But the Leif is literally made to feel like a snowboard right?

Yeah and with a longboard you typically need slide gloves to help make those slides because of how you have to shift your body weight in order to accomplish it. The leif you can just kind of bend your knees similar to a snowboard in order to do that. I just got down doing pretty consistent 180’s and some basic spins on it but once the board goes goofy and my right foots in front I’m absolutely awful at getting out of that, need to take a few days and practice so I can move up to doing 360 spins etc… When I go out with the local nyc e-skate crew I feel absolutely burnt out like I do at the end of a day of snowboarding, its great exercise!

Thanks for that link! I’ve been searching Google and couldn’t find anything.

@nmagz3 Have u seen this?

Looks pretty rad… not.to.mention all the bare skin :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL, please tell me that’s not you :joy:! I can barely ride a freeboard let alone the Leif! But I guess practice makes perfect. Or maybe you just take off your shirt and boom…skills,hehe

I’m also riding a leiftech, learning progressively.

enjoy !

1 Like

Hah no, that is not me. I was also.impressed when i watched it for the first time

That’s Katy Perry’s brother xD in the first video you posted with his shirt off, not esk8er, esk8r lives in France I believe though.