New Leif Board?

I’m not sure if I just missed this randomly, but apparently, Leif Tech is making a new board? I just randomly googled it bc of something @Mikeomania12 said. http://www.leiftech.com/product/leif/

2 Likes

I think is somewhere … Oh I want one lol

Ohh. Snowboarding down the streets of NYC?? Sign me up.

I dont think this is too practical to use in the busy streets in new york since it requires more space to turn.

Screw practicality! It looks like a riot !

3 Likes

Haha I know it was kind of a joke, but you’d be surprised, there is definitely enough space to use this if you really wanted. The founders are from NYC, so they found a way…

I guess your right. Would you switch your board for that though?

Honestly, it’s not as practical for transport, so you have to want it a lot to buy it, and it’s really expensive. But idk it sounds like a blast.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to try a Lief/Freebord. They look like so much fun.

Does anyone know if their bindings are a new, hopefully lighter design than the Freebord ones?

They look quite a bit lighter, here’s a pic:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking! My ride takes me about 5min from there every day. Maybe I should hit them up and see if I could get a demo. Imagine taking that thing down the Manhattan side of Williamsburg!

1 Like

This design doesn’t look that hard to build - the only trick would be getting 50A through the rotary tables. Ideas?

a couple of 5065’s would tuck right into the drive pods.

Actually, I can tell you exactly how they do it… Well not exactly, but I have pictures.

AND VIDEO:

2 Likes

You can buy the bindings at freebord.com

Freebord Store website

Hmmm.

1 Like

freebording is pretty cool even without a motor, watching these guys slide and turn while going downhill gets me excited, but I’ll never learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW9pPiuA5zI

3 Likes

Like this ?

3 Likes

Wow that looks cool. That would make me double my commute time!

1 Like

My friend received his Leifboard yesterday and im gonna try it tommorow

I CANT WAIT!!! holy !!! it looks so awesome!

2 Likes

I’ve got to chime in on this thread :slight_smile: I received my Leif last week and I’ve been riding it daily in Southern California. It took some getting used to compared to a traditional electric skate/longboard, but man… once it clicks, you’re going to be hooked!! For me, Freebording looks like amazing fun, but scary as hell to learn. The Leif has successfully bridged that gap for the rider who wants that snowboarding experience but is too intimidated to charge their first Freebord hill :fearful: The confidence you get when you start slow and work your way up to speed made a huge difference when learning to ride. Props to what they have created over at LeifTech!

3 Likes

I wish I could try a Leif

at least until I get the hang of my free board

3 Likes