NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

And if a guy working as receptionnist at NASA buys a VESC-X, would you also say that NASA is endorsing VESC-X for its next space shuttle ?

3 Likes

Actually I think I do have orders from nasa.

Also, a guy from tesla ordered one the other day, I emailed him and asked if he could confirm if it was for personal use or for company / research etc. He said it was personal.

How about this my little space cadet friend, when I have a collection of 10 or more space agencies who have purchased a vescx, I’ll do a special space one for you.

6 Likes

Little space cadet friend ?? Your arrogance is really limitless …

2 Likes

I’m not charging towards anyone on a trusted steed :racehorse: while wealding the sword of justice and truth :crossed_swords: and i know its not really that important to the context but…i just have to let the nerd in me say… only six space agencies,

1 Like

It is telling of the great work you do Jason…Well done it is great to see such reputable buyer. Congrats. I really hope you are prototyping a 6.0 now though cause yesterday’s inovations are tomorrow’s paper weights…I still have a V 1.0 VESC from you … Again awesome job and it’s been really cool watching you build and grow but don’t stop improving. stuff can always get better.

5 Likes

I dont see where he said anyone was endorsing anything…why be a dick?

It was implied by his graphic. You cannot deny that. Plays Bob Marley on way out

I absolutely CAN deny that, that’s not what I got from it, hence my confusion.

he was in a way but not in anyway that harmed anyone or justified that response. Nice job though @onloop

Bottom right: “Universities across the globe choose vesc-x” should be “Individuals at these universities choose vesc-x” the former implies that it is the university orderering these. If you don’t agree that statement is misleading or could be misleading to others you are kidding yourself

Go lookup ethos, by associating images of these universities with the image of his vesc-x he builds off their reputation of quality. It is clever marketing, however it is misleading

1 Like

I would like to order but you removed the PayPal option, so I cannot order from Enertion anymore (without a credit card)

Is there someone in EU who can order them for me and sell me 2 VESC-X that I can pay with PayPal?

Get a debit card.

1 Like

The Universities did order the VESCX…

Mostly with an address specifically stating “robotics” or “engineering” etc

The university of Saskatchewan order was addressed directly to the “University of Saskatchewan Space Design Team”

MIT Lincoln Laboratory. Have also ordered, but they are not a university so didn’t make the cut…

5 Likes

Brushless ESCs suitable for robotics were really expensive before. I’ve seen quite a few projects using VESC at CMU recently.

Not only the VESC-X can be use in robotics, but also the Nano-X :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats then, I am mistaken and apologize.

1 Like

question can i use the second channel on the nano x remote for a different speed curve? if so, how can i do it on the vesc X?

The second channel is a TTL 0-5V latching signal that could be used for leds. Controlled by a momentary switch on the remote

There’s a switch on the nanoX to limit the ppm signal (beginner mode).

If you want to have a full throttle curve control, you can get @Ackmaniac’s bldc tool and firmware that will allow that. The vescx come stock with fw 2.18 (latest from vedder)

1 Like

Feel better?