NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

The Universities did order the VESCX…

Mostly with an address specifically stating “robotics” or “engineering” etc

The university of Saskatchewan order was addressed directly to the “University of Saskatchewan Space Design Team”

MIT Lincoln Laboratory. Have also ordered, but they are not a university so didn’t make the cut…

5 Likes

Brushless ESCs suitable for robotics were really expensive before. I’ve seen quite a few projects using VESC at CMU recently.

Not only the VESC-X can be use in robotics, but also the Nano-X :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats then, I am mistaken and apologize.

1 Like

question can i use the second channel on the nano x remote for a different speed curve? if so, how can i do it on the vesc X?

The second channel is a TTL 0-5V latching signal that could be used for leds. Controlled by a momentary switch on the remote

There’s a switch on the nanoX to limit the ppm signal (beginner mode).

If you want to have a full throttle curve control, you can get @Ackmaniac’s bldc tool and firmware that will allow that. The vescx come stock with fw 2.18 (latest from vedder)

1 Like

Feel better?

Getting a credit card only to buy stuff from Enertion? Europe is not US. I bought from you for a few k$ in the past with PayPal, very easy, why putting up barriers to give you my money?

In you Q&A you said, PayPal do not allow Preorders, ok fine, but the VESCX is not on preorder anymore, and what about BankTransfer, Stripe, Bitcoins, …?

Can I buy some VESCs from your European Warehouse guy directly?

Debit card is not credit card. Do you have this option in Europe? Allows spending cash from bank on websites.

If we turn on PayPal people will use it for raptor2 we cannot limit it to one product.

Europe is a bit weird, yeah. It’s getting better, we’re finally getting prepaid cards for a decent rate. And now with N26 in some countries even debit mastercards.

@E-Boarding You’re in Germany? Get an N26 bank account for online purchases, it’s free and they give you a Mastercard :slight_smile:

I see, so you can turn it on when the Raptor 2 is out? I don’t know what the difference between a debit and a credit card is, this is not very common in Germany, most websites do use banktransfer (where you put in your IBAN) or PayPal

Just the small amount of business I have been doing I have realized that PayPal is not the best payment option, and has drawbacks. They charge more in fees, and its way to easy for people to create a claim and PayPal almost always sides with the customer. Also, if you start to do a lot more business the my freeze everything (look at what happened to Prusa). They may have done the same thing to Jason with the Raptor 2 launch.

Stripe/Credit Card gateways are much easier in my opinion.

@Jamy, @onloop

I live in Slovakia, Europe. The test place for all the banking stuff. We are small country, so it’s easy to test it there, which is great, always the latest technology available :smiley:

Debit card is basically a direct access to your account. If you pay using a debit card, money is charged directly from your account, if you don’t have enough money, they will “borrow” you some ( there is a limit ). Your account will be -200 euros then for example. Once you get a salary of 800 euros for example ( typical salary there in Slovakia ), you will have +600 ( -200 + 800 ). If you can’t get to “green numbers” fast enough ( usually one month ), they will charge you some money according to their rates, otherwise it’s free. Credit cards are not used there. We use our debit cards everywhere including restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, all kinds of shops, public transport, gas stations… Yeah, it’s actually hard to find a place where you can’t pay using your debit card ( then you have to use cash, taverns are a good example ). You can use contactless payments almost everywhere as well. There is a limit for contactless payments tho. 20 euros per transaction if I’m correct. You can even use your smartphone instead of a card for contactless payments ( NFC support required ). If you need to pay more, you just insert your card into the terminal, type in your pin and you are good to go. It’s the same, just slower. And of course you can use your debit card to pay for stuff on the internet. All the limits can be usually set in the internet banking.

True, debit cards is most common non-cash-payment, but debit is not credit card, this is mainly an US-thing. I know Enertion is focused on Amerika first, but can we say Europe second and let us pay with our debit cards?

2 Likes

There are Mastercard and visa debit cards too though. (for example N26)

DKB Visa is a free debit card. Might be worth a try for you.

The DKB Visa is a real (free) Credit Card, i use it for five years now. You can also charge money to it if you don’t want to use the credit function. But yes, they provide a V-Pay debit card as well.

After having problems collecting a rental car with the DKB Visa I can say that it is not a real credit card. It is categorized as a Charge Card - which is NOT a traditional credit card.

Don´t wanna start a discussion here but the DKB Visa is definitely a real credit card. As long as your limit is at least as high as the amount of money that the vendor wants to charge/block, you shouldn’t get any problems with it. I never charge money on my DKB Visa and didn’t get into trouble so far. In addition to a few hundred payments i also used it to block deposits for Apple´s express replacement service and at Sixt without problems. I´m pretty sure you just had bad luck but of course it sucked anyway.