New Hummie Hubs!

@evoheyax lost the models, he’s waiting in more from @psychotiller I think.

Nice piece…great addition for cable management…

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Like

They have magnetic cogging still and could roll much easier with another stator. That’s the next goal. Can get a couple stators custom made epdm method to test. If these motors could roll as well as a regular wheel that would be the clincher in my mind and design done (yea right)

4 Likes

Almost done…image

Kevin

1 Like

@Hummie I used your published settings and have no problem with clogging…I am 210 and they start from a flat surface no push…

Kevin

2 Likes

Are you talking about the custom stator we discusses on?

I have stl files. But @psychotiller lost his original files. The design as is needs to be edited.

I think you should add grubecrews on the teeth of the motor can. Can’t rely on those 6 face plate screws to hold the hub in.

If you can send them to me I can convert them to STEP and then import into Solidworks. What needs to be changed?

2 Likes

@Hummie mine starts from still with no cogging as well. I don’t usually do that, almost always kick off.

1 Like

These hubs keep pulling and I have not reached top end yet…The wheel selection is top notch, so much fun riding and super stealth with the @Hummie deck. It is defiantly a low rider with huge contact patch.

1 Like

I can’t decide if it’s the wheels (centrax sexiness), the low CoG or the motor quality that makes this so much fun. The I just decided screw it, I’m gonna ride, y’all figure it out :grinning:.

2 Likes

Totally on board with you @mmaner just wanted to try some different options…as these hubs are very powerful and wanted to see how they could perform with Pneumatics.

1 Like

6 PCBs have been officially ordered through OSH Park! The black spots will be drilled out.

sensorboard

4 Likes

Can I get a set… really not needed but will give them a try.

As it is, the motors can’t fit this. But I’m planning to shave a few mm off of the stator, re dip the stator, and boom, sensors! These high heat hall effect sensors I have can do over 300 F without issue.

6 Likes

:grinning: I’m not interested in putting in sensors unless they show to be more efficient.

I’ll be filling the holes on the inside of the motors somehow. The screen I got weren’t a good fit and there again is a simple test never done rediculous. Cover all the holes on one motor with duct tape vs not. I’m gunna cover the inside holes. And clean the paint off the hanger where it butts the motor n thermal paste there and on the whole axle n nut even. I’ll do one side n easy to test. If u don’t have a thermometer for 15$ worth getting to test. But really those infrared thermometers kinda suck n want a micro wired sensor on the windings. Easy. Not that I’ve done it. That’s the one sensor I want.

@Hummie deck and hubs…

image image image

21 Likes

Lol I have been riding this for the pass 2 months and finally someone gets the same experience on this amazing deck + hub combo.

1 Like

Lmk when u are doing this. I wanna see this is gonna work