New Hummie Hubs!

Not much time for ESC coding :slight_smile: I have done motor control and detection, but need to cover it up with PPM, configuration and etc things. Probably will return to it after new year (Hard to code as the whole toolchain is windows and eclipse based pretty nasty stuff to code in)

At the moment, working on much more needed thing at least for myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

^ @Hummie by reducing drag coefficient and frontal area, you can use larger diameter tires to get ever higher speeds (ie street luge will have much lower frontal area and drag coefficient vs standing rider)

1 Like

Was a holiday yesterday and have work today but should be able to get everyoneā€™s to the po by later today or tomorrow at latest.

3 Likes

Hey John, Just got the motors yesterday and I have two questions.

1. Did you put the Japanese bearings in these? The resistance feels about the same as before.
  2. How can I rotate the motor? The wires are in a dangerous place. If the truck scrapes the motor will be ruined. image
2 Likes

If you look at the outside (look at it just like in my profile picture) at the inside ring (a small black circle) it should say japan if they are the Japanese bearings.

1 Like

Crap Didnā€™t mean to post in general thread, thanks though! Haha @dougpage Iā€™ll jusr leave it for other peopleā€™s reference.

1 Like

Would be interesting to see if you can rotate the motor though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The biggest issue I still see for mass producing these is that every motors wires come out in a different place. So you have to wind the motor for a specific truck so the wires come out in a good place (between the truck and the board). I canā€™t understand why John sent you a motor with the phase wires pointing downwardā€¦ The only fix is another motor made specifically for that truck.

Or u can sand where the motor contacts the hanger n take it down a bit and then it will spin more and u can adjust the wires that way. All of the motors would benefit from having the hanger aluminum cleaned of paint or adding a bit of thermal paste at the connection. I didnā€™t do it. It costs less then 20$ for the tools to take the motors off n on and you can do that. Iā€™m tired.

2 Likes

Alright, I was just curious if it was as simple as loosening bolts and rotating. Iā€™ll figure out something, not worth the effort of sending back anyways haha.

The bigger recess for the bushings on the hanger goes to the outside. U need an 8mm Allen wrench n a two pin spanner for s bike freewheel. Green handle. https://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-SPA-1-Hanger-Spanner/dp/B001B6RJXI

They canceled school in San Francisco due to the air being in the red zone from the fire above so no work. have 5 more sets boxed and going out. USA and Australia. And have the week off and have about 1/3 of them still to get out.

2 Likes

So in @Hummie s defense, I was able to flip the hanger to the correct orientation. Wouldnā€™t go together like that when I originally installed it, but with some gentle finessing with a large sledge hammer(kidding) it worked. Wires stick out a little still, but this is easy to protect now.

@TheCrow why not put a washer between the motor and the truck?

3 Likes

@professor_shartsis that works too. Protection is short term until I buy that bike tool to disassemble.

lol @Hummie donā€™t post ppl addressesā€¦ :exploding_head: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Regular hummie things

6 Likes

Ahahaha. Classic!

2 Likes

Lol. Indeed.

1 Like

Like someone is going to do what? Iā€™m trying to imagine what they could do.

1 Like

ā€¦ :exploding_head: :man_facepalming: :+1::grinning:

2 Likes