New Hummie Hubs!

i wonder about the angle of bend— if the axle isn’t bent verically could it suggest an impact such as with a curb? is impact ruled out? rider weight alone caused this?

2 Likes

can we get a few more pictures.

I’m doubtful.

I’ve done bend tests on 12mm 4041 alloy steel rods in the past, to test fab strength in headers. To have exact numbers we need to know if its cold draw or hot rolled but it has a tensile strength of somewhere between 90k and 95k psi.

Also, the fatigue strength, abrasion and impact resistance is far above other conventional alloys.

4041 steel has to reach 315º C before strength is compromised. At those temps the rider would be in the middle of a frikkin inferno, so in gonna say heat was definitely not the issue.

I think it’s safe to say either composition is corrupted (highly unlikely as it’s more expensive to make shit steel than to make good steel because of manufacturing requirements and tooling) or something extreme happened to the axe to cause the bend.

No expert on material strength but I’ve picked up a few things working as an engineer in manufacturing for a couple of decades. I can ask a materials engineer if you think it’ll help @Hummie.

10 Likes

So I just got my motors up and running with @Hummie 's deck. I am experiencing wheel bite issues. Does anyone else seem to be having this problem? I’m going to have to shave the deck in the back by the motors and add spacers to the front to stop it.

Move the trucks to the outside holes The base plate will hang over a littl. I think it’s impossible for the hanger to rotate enough to bite if you move them.

1 Like

`It would be nice to have the material analyzed and maybe impure image

I don’t remember the basic math on diameter to strength but thought we’d be good with the 4140. I’ll see what options are in the future and go for something harder. I’m surprised and we’ve been talking strong axle crap for ages

Was just at the post office and it seems dimensions aren’t important and just the weight. I guess that’s within some limits but anyway these are 10.3 lbs for all parts. @Genghis_Kuan I forget what u have

another glue surprise slowed things and this time it was baking the magnets at a bit higher temp maybe caused it and warped the nylon spacers between the magnets. Spacers between magnets is an endless tunnel. I’ve Been cleaning the mess out of the way between the magnets u can see in the pic For sure these go Monday. ! I’ll give u a shipping price before then. Looking likely around 75$image|375x500

Send me a chunk, I’ll give you an XRF readout.

1 Like

So I took a look at my board and it only has one set of holes. I got the first version of Hummie’s deck so maybe newer ones have more holes?

I have a pair of trucks and a pair of centraxs, all I need is the motors and the hangers I think… thats rough but I guess thats the price to pay for living in the middle of nowhere haha sweet as man just give me the buzz and ill send you the money

1 Like

At least for us in Europe, doesn’t seem to be the case.

That’s one of two places on the entire internet that have those trucks. I wouldn’t count on them staying in stock.

1 Like

One thing I noticed is, that those seem to be the v1 versions, and they have the newer v2 195mm only in black.

Yeah, a few months back I looked everywhere and eventually gave up. I figured they would do a run when MuirSkate came back online, ended up not being the case. Raw is the best but it’d have to be a special order.

Guy’s sending back my @Hummie hubs to ensure the bearing is set properly by @Hummie, He is the real deal as I have not had any issues with these hubs. I have no problem getting going from stand still with sensorless FOC enabled and am 210lbs. I really appreciate an innovator taking the time to make sure everything is correct for his customers… CLASS ACT!!! by the way it was hard sending these back because these are just so much fun to ride, anyone that may be concerned that @Hummie does not back up his products feel free to PM me. I have one of his decks and his latest hubs and will be in on anything in the future he creates. I appreciate being part of the innovation process.

Kevin

8 Likes

Damn hummie. Took the motors out for a test ride on a spare 10s4p with duct tape and zipties and no griptape. Plenty of balls even with 60 motor 30 battery. Low low ride with the double drop and 83mm wheels. Got some kissing of wheels on the deck, but the trucks were uber loose.

This is gonna be fun.

I keep adding more stuff to my plans, and have some setbacks, so it’ll take a few more sessions to get it all done.

Do you mind if I clear griptape over the USPS address label? This is the blemished deck you sent with no packaging. I find i so hilarious and endearing.

4 Likes

Haha I was hoping for a pic.

Tribute to their shipping. Be great if u wouldn’t have to box anything.

Yea I only get slightest wheel bite when loose and it’s not like some decks where the wheel will lock up and u go flying. I don’t even know I’ve been bitten except marks left.

Personal picture thread? Show off our ugly mugs to everyone lol

1 Like

I think I’m gonna pull wires through that comb for XT90s loop key though the dropthru hole.

4 Likes

How much additional cooling do you expect from the additional aluminum thermal mass?

If you lay focbox right up against the edge of the cavity, the phase wires sit a little too low. I was going to lift up the focboxes so the wires clear the wall, and remembered deckoz’s build. The additional thermal mass will be just bonus for me, but it’s gonna be 15s lifepo4, 49.5v nominal 54v full. So it might actually be helpful.

1 Like