New Hummie Hubs!

Are you planning on doing bigger wheels for the kickstarter version?

1 Like

bigger wheel >> bigger PU >> he said possibly ^ (many posts ago)

also these are premium quality PU so I wonā€™t expect them to be cheap.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to find out more about this soon to be offered kickstarter. What exactly is going to be offered @Hummie, or what can you tell us atm?

1 Like

One thing with Hummie is that youā€™re better off waiting until he drops the info at once than to ask in anticipation. Things will always change and he will always act accordingly, so the info you may have at one point may not be the same info in the end. Especially when hes under pressure to get all the motors out and scrap up everything needed to make the kick starter work.

You guys want hummie hubs ? Save up a good $800 and wait.

Not that im saying it will be $800 but itā€™s better to oversave then undersave

3 Likes

I think the price can be kept down around the current 500$. Have to see. Do math. Iā€™ll put up the Kickstarter in two weeks with a stretch goal for the 90mm tires @ksfacinelli u can send them back as the bearings are likely compressed. There were a couple of the early sets where it was new to me and I sent them out with compressed bearings not realizing. Message me

2 Likes

I think my bearings are bad too because itā€™s gets stuck when I spin them

if youre not sure or think they might be tight send them back and it was my mistake and can be fixed no problem. you pay for the shipping here and iā€™ll do the rest.

2 Likes

Sorry for the slow down. Selling the escs was a huge pain and waste of time and money but motor leads should be here today or tomorrow and will send out another 5 sets tomorrow or Saturdayā€¦ The rest Iā€™ll be getting out soon sorry. Distractions and stupid slow downs.

I have everyoneā€™s label made and forgot to get the shipping costs yesterday when I was at the P.O. for hours. Will today

@Hummie Sett me up for a pair :). If i miss the kick starter by any chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same and I am able to pick them up so you donā€™t have to deal with the post office :slight_smile:

1 Like

What battery setups are people running these on? Iā€™m currently running them on 50.4 volts 45 amps. Are people running them with more power?

1 Like

you have your battery and motor amp limits set to 45 @sodniwe? people have said 60 or 80 or 100 motor amps is ideal.
im working now. no more stupid shit fucking me up with complications and I donā€™t hang out with others anymore and will post picks tonight of 5 done. and tomorrow night will have some more pics. the goal was to get to the point of having people to test and something to get on kickstarter and wont have any available till that gets done. next batch of 100 will be made by many people and quickly not this slow stuff with me. im a lazy bum really but lately been busy except yesterday was a waste of time dealing with selling vescs. if someone wants to take that over I thought it would be a money maker and id learn the ropes but I donā€™t feel like learning anymore.

2 Likes

@Hummie I have battery limit set at 45 amps and motor limit set at 20 per motor. Theyā€™ve been running a bit hot and donā€™t want to risk burning them up. You said previously 12S 60 amps works well and think iā€™ll give that a go but if people are running 12S with more than 60 amps iā€™d like to give that a go if itā€™s safe.

1 Like

what temp you mean when you say hot? motor amp limit set to 20 is nothing. I imagine that would give bad starting and low torque at slowest speeds. the battery voltage isnā€™t really related. what are your vesc settings? you should post them as what youre saying sounds strange

1 Like

I havenā€™t run mine yet, working in the battery ATM. But I would start at 60a and go from there.

2 Likes

@Hummie, Not sure of the exact temp and low torque at low speeds. I believe you said you run 30 amps per motor?

1 Like

@mmaner 30 amps per motor and 60 amps total?

1 Like

60a per motor.

1 Like

when you say 12s in that context confuses me. but you should get a cheap hobbyking infrared thermometer and make sure it works and see what temps they get to. good to know. if you were around id let you borrow one.
maybe 45 battery amps is high for your battery donā€™t know it but sounds good.

I didnā€™t do it for all of you but it would be an easy upgrade to get that bike tool for 10 bucks and take the motors off the hanger and scrape the paint off the hanger where it contacts and add thermal paste. iā€™ll be doing it! but temps are good for me at 150lbs in san Francisco hill hunting. if youre heavier at some point thereā€™s limits. the limit being the rubber or your bearing grease if you have those ntn bearings. other bearings do like 300f I think. the thick grease bearings. NTN bearings are 200f I believe but more so the rubber has always been the weakest link and this time, counter direction, and there is no core to the tire. id been doing cores and they were needed but not this time with this great rubber and hope to hear what you think and how it goes at different temps

From reading this thread and @hummies comments I think this is primeā€¦

switching frequency 30 kHz 100 amp max motor 60 amp max battery

3 Likes