New Hummie Hubs!

And what about the Can ?

1 Like

the Can is glue to the bearings, which is glued to the staft that holds the stator. not saying that your can’t open it. it’s gona be hard. and might risk breaking the bearing.

@Hummie how easy would it be to be to make a slightly wider truck for these hubs to go on?

If u can weld it wouldn’t be too hard to make a wider hanger.

1 Like

U can take them off the hanger with the 8mm wrench n two pin 10$ bike tool but to open them u need a c-clip tool and a press to press the bearings apart as they’re glued with retaining fluid

I was looking at how you have reverse threaded the axle and wa wondering if i could do the same with something like this?27

i don’t know. if the axle is cast inside the hanger then probably could do it.

The custom wheels and hanger are so beefy and well constructed. image

The wheels are the size of a Fosters oil can.

Waiting on my battery…

11 Likes

Jealous!

10 char

1 Like

@uigiroux You get your @Hummie deck/board build complete?

1 Like

Having to get creative fitting everything thing in under the hood, I will be running a 12s4p, with Focbox’s

2 Likes

Jealous…,I know what a great beer, if you get to Minneapolis I will share a few with you or were you talking about the build?

Both hummie and I run 120 motor amps. You can run as high as your esc can do honestly (which is 120 for vesc based escs). I feel safe saying these can def do 1500 watts con without heat issues and 2000+ watts peak per motor.

120 gives one hell of a kick. Battery amps, the high the better also. Hummie was running 2x focboxes with them and had the same battery amps in 2wd that I had in 4wd and the acceleration was not far off from 4wd (maybe 20% less).

So for 2wd, 120 motor/60 battery per VESC. And for 4wd, 120 motor/30 battery per VESC.

The reason I limited to 30 battery was because they were 4.12’s. Can’t wait to get 6.6’s running with these.

4 Likes

@evoheyax great to see you back on the board hope all is well and you continue to participate in the innovation side of this sport.

UInfortunatly, not back on the board :frowning: I’ll have to miss the raptor 2 tour tomorrow, but soon. I might be an Autonomous Vehicle Operator (basically testing a developing software and hardware for self driving cars) in a few days (first interview went really well). Only issue is it pays shit (not even enough to live on, def not enough to invest in anything), but we all have to start somewhere, right?

I will be riding in the evolve world cup though on MoeStooges 12000 watt beast!

9 Likes

PM me your CV and maybe I can help…,

2 Likes

I have the same setup. I can get a photo if it would help?

2 Likes

@bigben That would be great!!!need to figure out the cabling to Focbox…trying to keep from cutting the hub leads down.

imageimageimageimage

8 Likes

I just wrap the excess wire on top of my focboxes inside the enclosure.