New Hummie Hubs!

Just to be certain, is this including the UK?

@miike got your label here and in two days be out. milwaukee

I sent almost all the usa orders and pmd you a tracking if sent. if not youā€™ll get a tracking from me in 2 or 3 days max and at that time will also send a bunch of the out of country orders going down the list. sometimes skipping spots on the list for things. I donā€™t know if you can even see the list. people were asking for permission to edit the list but id rather only edit and will get a version up so we can confirm things.

5 Likes

ill go with all the address from foreign orders and knowing the dimensions and weight will get you a shipping price and give it to you by pm

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how you managed to do it @hummie but your hubs will be here before my Carvonsā€¦well done

5 Likes

Thank you! Super psyched.

20180914_134119_HDR~2

Iā€™m speechlessā€¦these are beautifulā€¦

19 Likes

@Hummie any way to get these on a narrower truck? How is the motor mounted on the truck?

U could make another hanger. A lot of work. Needs a 12mm axle. Maybe u could weld a basic one

Are these hangers custom?

Planning my 2020 build now since regulations in my country are getting real strict, gotta build that stealth board with integrated deck and powerful hubs running foc

Yea itā€™s a custom hanger. If u can weld it would be possible. Or u could lathe back this 195 hanger and rethread it. Has a double threading but thatā€™s relatively easy to do

1 Like

So theoretically if I were to get a precision truck with narrow hanger and replaceable axles I could change out the axle for a 12mm one and mount this? Is there a notch to hold the motor in ? Or do you epoxy it on

If u can find such a thing as a 12mm axle in a hanger but never seen that. They arenā€™t glued but use a reverse threaded nut. The motor is effectively a nut and also threaded so itā€™s like a nut w a locknut on top that is back threaded

2 Likes

That sounds pretty annoying to do, but itā€™s nice to know there are options, thanks bruh! Will most probably pick up a set if you ever do that kickstarter

1 Like

I forget the details on what the default switching frequency is on the Vesc, think it was 30,000, and if u bump it up by another 5000 it cut out the high pitched sound

Hereā€™s with the sound:

(Canā€™t get my video up)

1 Like

Itā€™s 20 KHz by default, you can easily go up to 30 KHz and all the sound is gone. Ok, almost gone, but you really need to pay attention to hear, never had the balls to increase more than that, anyone volunteer?

Edit: Thatā€™s with a VESC 6, probably FOCBOX and other higher end VESCā€™s will be fine, donā€™t know how the 4.12 will behave

1 Like

Thanks. Yea thatā€™s what I did: from the default to 30000. I did on the old 4s and focbox Also putting the motor amps to 100 I really like. Smoothest startup on foc without sensors

1 Like

Iā€™ve run my maytech 4.12 at 30khz for some time in the past (about 1month). But I chickened out and switched back to 25kzh.

It worked flawlessly at 30khz though.

My drvā€™s are cooled with the same heatsink that cools the Fetā€™s so im not sure if that affects it.

A higher switching freq. should increase Fet temps by a little bit and Drv temps tooā€¦

We are at a low frequency w hubs to begin with though right? Like a third to begin with. Not the same switching n maybe be dubbed commutation speed and maybe wouldnt effect the switching frequency which I think is the true pwm frequency. ?

how would be the frequency on a hub motor differ from a normal outrunner? After all the reducition is only a mechanical component and not electrical

Door Bell just range and the US Postal Mail worker handed me a nice package from @Hummieā€¦ Hummie hubs are in Minneapolis!!! These things are ā€œMONSTERSā€ā€¦

6 Likes