New Hummie Hubs!

F@#K Yeah! :slight_smile:

First motor is working!

We will be winding more over the coming daysI hope to have 4 running by the end of the weekend for my self, and 2 for hummie. Then the real world testing of torque and efficiency can be done!

Wind mine too, Ill test the hell out of em :).

My dog fot run over by a car last night, came up into my fuckin yard!. Anyways, doing a lot of skating over the next few dayā€¦that or tracking down the asshat that killed my dog and put a world of hurt on himā€¦

2 Likes

thatā€™s crazy. one of those times a camera wouldā€™ve been worth having maybe if you got a look at the license. at the same time I bet thereā€™s so many cameras out there in private use which the police are entitled to get access to if they believe thereā€™s a crime committed on them./.hate to get you thinking of how to get the guy if itā€™s a lost cause though. It sounds intentional soon come.

Trust me, weā€™re going into production mode. We want to get all of the motors we have parts for (which I believe is 18 motors) assembled and shipped.

Might take a week or so though. Wheels, we need to make another mold for. Currently, we can only do one wheel at a time, which means it will take 2 weeks at this rate to do all the wheels we need.

No worries, I was mostly venting about my dog and kidding a little bit too. Take you time, both of you. If thereā€™s anything I can do to assist just let me know.

Yeah, I used to have cameras up but they died 1 by 1 and I never replaced them. Prolly have to rethink that now.

Any plastic like core or sleeve will crack after 300-400 miles of riding. When i first did that it was very good but its not an effective or relaible long term solution.

what plastic though? thereā€™s plastic and thereā€™s plastic. smooth-on stuff is pretty crappy compared to others even their intended ā€œhigh heatā€ stuff, task8 is no good. not tough. very brittle. Iā€™ve been doing testing on different stuff. bjb engineering as well as a couple other companies make specific high heat tough stuff that has no fillers in it such as smoothon uses sorry been slow lately getting stuff put together. Iā€™ve been really busy with my real job and doing the final details with the manufacturer on this improved design. if you paid for stuff from meā€¦I will get you happy but it will be a biiiit longer.

1 Like

11 Likes

So are any of these left for purchase?

So Iā€™m assuming whatā€™s on your website is old?

Looking good hummie donā€™t give up

Will you continue selling these next year, and can you buy replacement wheels as well?

Getting there! Nerding out figuring best winding for 90kv, which gets us that 30mph, and finding can get really thick wire w fewer turns, and terminate wye, for heaviest fill and less time taken. The hold up other than thiss is the hubs the stators go on are all .05mm too big and been sanding like 3 hours each one. No way Iā€™m doing this anymore and will acid etch this down in minutes. Much easier. (I told them too tight to be safer ā€¦ For some reason in my mind)

fatter wire is heavier n has less resistance. Run cooler

13 Likes

That motor winding is a thing of beauty @Hummie :heart_eyes:

How many volts do you think they will take?

1 Like

That one with the thick 18awg wire was a test to see how many turns can fit. I got 11 n 12 about every other tooth. Imbalanced and Not a helpful number as I either need 14 turns for 90kv if terminated delta or 8 turns if terminated wye. Iā€™ve tried many ways with different awg and sometimes parallel strands trying to figure which gets me that 90kv easily and will fit most copper on. Gunna get 17 awg and 17.5 next and that will hit the 8 turn sweet spot. Initially was going w very thin pliant 22awg double strand because seemed easiest but this is a nice clean heavy stack and can tie one end to the doorknob and pull the stator at the other and very doable and better results. Rather do wye anyway as w delta thereā€™s multiple circuits w each phase electrified and if the inductance and resistance arent balanced in the different paths there are voltages between them which counteract productive use How many volts will it take?..hundreds till the beaeings are beyond their rpm limit so no issue. How many amps will it take?..continuouslyā€¦no idea but getting resistance numbers lower n lower w the winding progress and that tells the limits and heat produced

3 Likes

I know eSk8 is kind of backed in to the 12s corner atm, but more volts could be the answer to giving hubs more start up torque? Canā€™t wait to see how this plays out. Your hubs are looking solid. I was thinking the Carvons V3 where looking like the way for this kind of buildā€¦ but now your motors are so long I donā€™t think they would fit on a V3 style set up :sunglasses: touche Way to raise the bar and push boundaries bro

1 Like

I think torque isnā€™t such a problem with hubs they just take more amps to get it. if you upā€™d the vesc motor amp and battery amp settings you can get lots of torque from little motors but efficiency wont be there. torque with less heat so can run continuously with high torque is a goal. a big motor will have low winding resistance and small with have high winding resistance, if they are both 100kv they will get the same amount of torque per amp but the big motor will be cooler.

2 Likes

Looking stellar sir

1 Like