New Hummie Hubs!

There’s two shades of gray dye in that Rit link above. You could dye one of the Centrax wheels each shade of gray to see how it turns out, then have Aend try to color match it.

Lets Do a StrawPoll! Prefer if only people who bought voted but who knows everyone voting might be a good thing for future runs

Blood Red is brutal. I like it.

@hummie if you have pictures of each color we’ll get more action?

Black and white is the safest since well with black is black no matter where you run and white can be dyed into any color. Off tangent colors should be saved for another run, especially if pigmentation has shown to affect formulas of wheels before.

Must be deep, deep Bloooooood. The Boa thread said something about black being more likely to chunk.

Grey second choice

Blood http://cdn.longboarderlabs.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/WHEELS_69CON_Oxblood.jpg

6 Likes

i have no color samples and things are open to whatever. i’ve asked about tints compromising the strength of the wheel and told it was negligible but it makes sense if you fill your wheel with tiny parts of something its not going to be as good.
Im liking straight grey today.

17 Likes

Yeah that’s nice

a darker grey would be nice as well, to match with street colors, but i guess this one is getting there in no time. :slight_smile:

If he does white then you (the consumer) can just dye them whatever color you want. It takes 20 minutes with Rit synthetic. You can also mix dyes together to get even more colors. I just dyed the new light grey Backfire 96mm wheels after 50 miles of use and they turned out perfect

3 Likes

**hot damn we’re on with Aend! ** syyyyyched! huge relief. waiting on the time frame and will likely hear tonight but wanted to tell you guys…dying to tell. last he said be 5 weeks but dont have it in stone yet.

in light of the pics showing nice results with Rit Im liking white. no filler. or grey. and then people can go black easily.

9 Likes

would it be hard to make a thread With pics of these hummies, Specs, use-case and prices coz I wanna know my stuff but I can’t just read a super-long thread like this.

How well does rit dye do with wear over time? Re-dye necessary?

Someone else’s but this is after 100 miles vs a fresh dye

Also someone did orange

Make sure you get the synthetic dye.

2 Likes

If anybody is interested I’m selling my spot for a set of hummie hubs as I won’t carry on with my project. 480USD that’s 20$ less than I paid pm me

1 Like

Update : my spot is sold and paid thx jboren

Hey!

I’m selling my spot as well. $480 takes it!

PM me please

Have to slightly dremel these to fit tomorrow. Not the final molds just something to test the core material and fit. i still dont have a time on when they will be done but I was talking to the lady at skates on haight, who’ve been around a long time and gotten aend to make a couple wheels in the past, anyway she was saying a lot things but one of which is a lot of wheels coming out of aend have a cut off corner. And they were encouraging me to make it round like one side here it or do a sharp cut at the end instead. so sharp or round? i do whatever they recommend and square ended is out i guess.

i flipped my paris v2 hanger over and lower now. i didnt now they were reversible.

think i’ll try harder bushings i just got. i never switched stuff up before.

8 Likes

My understanding is square edges help promote chunking so rounding them out via the mold is a good idea, trimming an angle would not be as effective or pretty

rounded/Lip wheels lose traction on turns more than Squared ones.