New Hummie Hubs!

what if i only wanted 4 motor 90x78 and 4 tires plz

4 x 90x78 motor/tires can i get an order slip or something

im super stoked about 90mmx 78mm the width is what counts to me thats what i like about this is an awesome design i wish there were 107mmx78mm hubs out there those would be super fast gripppy

I don’t keep books and at this point I don’t know if I have any motors left of these first 19 coming. possibly. if you write me on the 20th of this month and I still have some I’m glad to get them to you. i’m pretty sure I’ll have 2 at least

1 Like

Well I’m definitely interested and would love to claim a set if possible.

1 Like

hey there anyone in san francisco with 4 x matched hubs for sale im needing 90mmx 89mm x4 or larger if anyone has 4 x 90mm or < wider the better hit me back i need 4hub motors

bro hummie i will send you the money for 4 count 90mmx89mm hub motors with tires i rather trusting that you will not forget to send me what you have if its 2 now 2 matching a week later sigh me up or 4 now a few days later then thats cool to i will put my last dollars to this 4 count 90mmx 89mm hubs = wheels 80a durometer or watever you got for them currently hit me back when you can

1 Like

@Hummie Nice to see the new hub motors :slight_smile: They look awesome. Definitely like the much thicker axles and wide 78mm thread patch.

2 Likes

I’m in the process of rewinding (and better holding phase wires this time) a couple motors you can have and i’m in san Francisco. write me tomorrow night and I’ll be able to tell you what we could do. if you want to wind them yourself you can take them cheap now.

thanks Dexter I’m excited to ride these. Wonder if you’ll come back to sf for some ride of some sort. there’s some enertion thing going to be here this sunday… if you want tires for those little motors $5.

1 Like

sure if you want i can withdrawal some cash from the atm on van ness and market super close to my house i have ample space my house used to be an old machinery i got every tool you can think of

i’m totally down to wind my own motors i would like to try the higher KV winding i need 4 of them :slight_smile: so this wil be great whats the sators axle mm diameter and are these those 90x79 :smile: 0

90kv or ??? <

how much for the 4 of them and i need to get some helpful links if you can cite me some on the exact winding specs thankd dan

Man I am interested in a set of your hubs, unfortunately $400 is kinda out of my price range. Any chance you could negotiate?

If u want to wind a set of the old that shorted I’ll send u them for 75$ and shipping and send u new tires

EDIT information below is stale. There is a new design, much has changed. Hummie will update in 9/4-9/8 timeframe.

Hey @Hummie, love what you’re doing, but it’s hard to follow what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’ll edit the post if forum lets me.

You have a few prototypes of version 4 on hand right now. specs:

• motor:
    • 59mm diameter
    • 52mm stator
    • steel not aluminum
    • high temp magnets
    • high temp motor wire
    • 90kv
    • hand wound by hummie, both prototypes and production
    • production motors should be ready to ship by 8/20/2017
  • hangar for motor
    • 12mm axle
    • precision
    • paris baseplate compatible
  • wheels for motors
    • 83mm x 81mm, 12mm thick wheel ((83mm-59mm)/2 since these are diameters)
    • similar to ABEC11 Centrax, which are 83x78mm
    • not too tall but wide, which gives plush ride
    • high temp core with high adhesive and mechanical bond to wheel
    • urethane wheel, hopefully soft duros due to core
    • molds and first wheels done by 8/11/2017
  • future wheel
    • 90 x 81 for motor (committed?)
    • matching 90 x 81 non-motor wheels for front (not committed)
  • a version 4 set includes:
    • 2 motors
    • 2 wheels for motors
    • 2 normal wheels, ABEC11 Centrax 83x78
      • NOTE this may change to custom wheels in future
    • 1 custom hanger 12mm precision
    • 1 stock paris hanger 195
    • 2 stock paris baseplates

Are there any differences between what you have on hand now, and what you’ll get on or around the 15th? Price differences?

You’re trying to raise funds to get 90mm wheels made for these version 4 motors. If funds raised, you expect to have moulds done in 3 weeks. How long until you have wheels in hand?

And, all times stated are best case. Actual dates are usually later sometimes much later.

Thanks @evoheyax for filling some details.

4 Likes

Front wheels are the ABEC11 Centrax 83x78mm, motor wheels will be 83x81mm. Slightly wider, but not noticeable to the eye. In the future, I think we will be doing our front wheels also, so we can match the back wheels better.

Motor wheels will be urathene with high heat core. This core design is great and will be impossible to be decored these wheels once poured. Should allow us to use some lower duro stuff. I’m excited to try them out.

90x81 front and motor wheels in the future, since we will need to pour matching front wheels when going up to 90mm. Not an issue now if you run 4wd with them though.

First motors should be ready by the 20th, fixed cans ship the 15th and will arrive within 2 days. Then it’s winding, glueing magnets, and an assembly. Molds for the wheels and first wheels should be done this week.

1 Like

I would even goes as far as to specify 1 custom 12mm hanger. I think this hanger should be able to do even larger motors in the future :slight_smile:

thanks, post updated. A bit more info and things will be more of less clear.

This helps me, and hopefully helps others.

So many exciting things happening for hub motors!

2 Likes

First full filled test wind. I believe it will be about 90-95 kv, but we will see.

26 Likes