New Hummie Hubs!

Are you sure about the weight? AWD and superflys, 24 lbs?

it weighs more now because he has this crazy foam topper on it but yeah. 24 and some decimals before it shipped.

hubs just move some of the metal from outside to the inside. Iā€™d like to see a weight comparison of hubs vs motors with mounts bolted onto them.

The fucking raptor 2, a 10S4P with a slim sexy box, weighs just as much as my 12S5P base model scarlets which are rear wheel belt drive at over 3000 watts per motor and are right in the 21-22 pound zone.

They just keep adding steel into those wheels. Looks lighter, but isnā€™t. Theyā€™re getting some real power in there finally, but trading lightweight aluminum outside the wheel for heavy ass steel inside the wheel isnā€™t going to reduce weight. I doubt thatā€™s really the objective at this point though. Right now theyā€™re still just trying to surpass belts in power-to-the-street and flexibility.

also iā€™d like to point out that batteries, in the grand scope of the entire boardā€™s weight, arenā€™t the biggest contributor. Cells donā€™t weigh much.

1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy lightweight. My 2wd with superflys weighs 25lbs.

Well I tried @evoheyax board at SPD2 and that thing is crazy powerful and the best part is itā€™s super stealth both in appearance and noise

@Hummie Is the urethane hot-poured or mixed? Since youā€™re getting the PU done in small batches, Iā€™m curious about how the final productā€™s PU is casted.

How was the urethane in comparison to your flywheels?

Race area was super smooth so canā€™t really say

iā€™ll weight my shit when i get home, i still have that monster board. I could be grossly mistaken but iā€™m pretty damn sure iā€™m right. Especially about Ru. Iā€™m positive sheā€™s under 22 pounds. We donā€™t talk about her weight most of the time, its not polite. Iā€™ll even balance her on a coke can on top of the postal scale if it makes anyone drool a bit more.

1 Like

Ok so maybe i was just a little bit off there lol

but my baby gained some weight too it seems.

they just grow up so fast i guess iā€™m ā€¦ iā€™mā€¦ i m just not ready for them to grow up. sorry guys i get a little emotional

11 Likes

That makes sense because superflys weigh like 5 pounds. Bigboytoys 4wd carvon weighs around 30lb with 12s6p. Evoheyax board weighed less I think but with smaller lipo battery and smaller diameter wheels. Would be interesting if hummie/Evo made some ~100mm wheels

1 Like

How does that 4wd board ride? How is that not your new favorite board?

seems like too much power.

3 Likes

If you could imagine an AWD Cadillac CTSā€¦ that you stand onā€¦

3 Likes

:ok_hand:, sounds like my kinda ride.

Here to say thanks and update. itā€™s been ages and I super appreciate the people here whoā€™ve helped me with design work and all the people who paid for these and are waiting. You are more patient than me and not one person has asked for their bucks back. awesome that you guys allowed this development and itā€™s finally finally done done. 15 days manufacturing time for all of them they say and iā€™ll be on them leading up to that holding them to it. so should be just before Christmas to me and really with this new design, and the fact I have a million already wound stators, I can pop them out to those of you waiting.

I kept doing changes for like the last 3 months it seems and finally weā€™re all settled. the sample they sent wasnā€™t perfect but they assure me the rest will be now that weā€™ve gone over every cranny.

(this isnā€™t the wheel actually and itā€™s a bit longer than this, and this pic doesnā€™t have the bolt-on flange part but it shows more whats going on.)

very happy with this design and think you all will be too.

and in new awesome news after sending an abec11 to the new rubber place for them to figure out whatā€™s in it theyā€™re now sending me new rubber with the same rebound as abec11. 75duro.

getting all the steel parts bare just in oil and will be ā€œseasoningā€ them like a wok. gunna be nice

12 Likes

If anyone is in need of anything CAD related, hmu. Iā€™m a Mechanical Engineering Student trying to build up my portfolio. I helped Hummie with this project, and Iā€™d love to do more design work.

8 Likes

Just wanted to give you guys an update! We invested in a solid 3d printer to help us get through the final designs. Printing parts now to test designs and make sure thereā€™s no issues. We already caught one issue which has been fixed. Hopefully, thereā€™s no more issues, and we have motor parts in hand in less than 2 weeks.

3 Likes

@evoheyax

Take my Canadian Pesos already!

Iā€™m so looking forward to getting these. Gonna be epic.

1 Like

parts will be done this week they say. cant be long after that regardless. at least its not two weeks. the long holdup has been repeated last minute changes. its been for the best.

3 Likes

Great one! I have the same one and prints are very good. Just remember that it adds 0,2mm in thickness to each wall.

1 Like