New Hummie Hubs!

I’ve ridden close to 300 miles in a month, my deck is looking dirty :grinning:.

No play in the motors, no chunking in the PU, still great. I’m honestly a little bit in love with you right now so we should probably let the new wear off before we meet up :joy:.

7 Likes

@mmaner true man love awaits at 13s :wink:

4 Likes

@Hummie do you have some mileage on your motors? Any observations or tips/tricks?

1 Like

how many miles are these tires supposed to last? After reading this thread I can assume that with proper use and the replacement of bearings when needed these motors can last infinitely

I’ve put 200+ miles on the hubs. PU is still great with no chuck. there’s some glass cuts but that’s unavoidable. they are made with the same formula as ABEC so last as long as ABEC wheels?? as for bearing, they depends on which one you get, regular vs japanese bearing.

oh the motor Can is not balanced so if you want extra smooth top speed you would want to do that yourself. It’s definitely already smooth enough atm.

3 Likes

Vegas was very rocky and my wheels held up nicely there. Idk how they will hold up in the long run.

1 Like

I sold my motors to will park ages ago and haven’t gotten a board back together. It’s rediculous. I did work for about 3 hours on motors today though. been somehow in a psychological block and just want to lay around or ride the bike or I skate regular a lot. I fell off going maybe 8mph today image trying to slide the carbon deck n centrax in a wet spot, and it slide and landed on my hip and more messed up than going off at 25. My new socks lasted less than half an hour.

But thinking of things to do to the motors: make sure they’re not moving at all when braking or accelerating. See If the wires move. Or maybe the tires will deform. They’ve been the weak link since years back but the shape n material could be right. It made by same as abec but custom material for heat. I’m putting my own motors together n cleaned off the paint on the hanger n will add thermal paste.

The black zinc oxide screws always rust. Found u can blue stainless steel! So can get stainless with dark color. Been doing it w nuts image

9 Likes

How do you do all this stuff for strangers on the internet, and not have your own ride together? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

image Will have my motors done today. When motor parts first came I used to ride like 50 miles a day doing non-stop San Fran hills testing and then figured I need to make the motors for everyone first or I’d be doing circles in the night forever. And…mine are going to be nicer now that I know how best to build them. The subtle things and the big.

9 Likes

Looking forward to that rumoured kickstarter in 2019 :slight_smile: take mah moneh!

3 Likes

How much do these motors weigh with front trucks

Tracking says 10lb, almost 11

1 Like

That’s with both trucks n wheels, possibly more, and packaging. I’ll weigh them again n post it. Keep forgetting the weight

The last folks I owe motors too…I’m getting parts probsbly this week and will finish them within the week I get those parts. Stators. @atila82 @JohnnyMeduse and I think two other sets

2 Likes

1 other here

1 Like

@Blix ahahaha, nice logo!

If anyone is at CES onVegas next week, will be trying to recreate portions of the Renegade Weekend I missed. Taking this bad boy Hummie Hubs build for a spin with @Michaelinvegas. Inspired by @mmaner it is Hummie Hubs on Spud on Unity on Surfrodz on 11s3p 30Q on Riptide footstops for torque w/my wide stance lol. Thanks for the pieces and helps @Hummie @JLabs @mikenyc

image image

20 Likes

That grip is fun!

5 Likes

Just copying fearless leader @mmaner with variant of his hazmat yellow danger grip lol :joy:

4 Likes

@brenternet

19 Likes

That’s a good looking build!

1 Like