New Hummie Hubs!

They’re probably just saying mr potato face.

1 Like

Ceann prátaí, not sure what face is but that’s potato head :crazy_face: back to topic, loose mock up on the other centerfold in town image image

17 Likes

That’s gonna be so tidy. Holy shite. I hope you build thread with vids. Was so close to pulling the trigger but I value my marriage too much. Decided to do the right thing. :sob: No hummie hubs for me.

5 Likes

Vids I don’t know about that but I’m in love with these two already

I intercept the post lady and hide things immediately then slow release & keep a very untidy build area, it slows me down but it works!

6 Likes

Why does the right thing feel so wrong? :weary:

I guess you used the buy it now don’t tell her later too often huh? :laughing:

1 Like

Doubling just the battery current? Because doubling the motor current will not be possible with VESC 6. Do you already put your Metr Pro module in your build? I am really interesting to see data from a 4 x 30A battery and 4 x 120A motor current build. I can’t imagine you are hitting these values on an esk8 considering how much 1 x 80A battery and 1 x 160A motor current on an eBike punches you. What an amazing and crazy build. :+1:

Are you sure it worked perfect? I think the positioning of the Hall sensors you did there is not a good idea. The magnetic field will not flow the sensor the way it should and because it is sitting between two coils it will be triggered by both. Don’t see it as an offense. I just don’t want you to disassemble the motor afterwards when you put so much work into it.

1 Like

She put me on an allowance! I feel like I’m 14 again. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

How do you think the sensors should be orrientaied to get the best?

They did work in the v1s, it was hard to cog them with the sensors.

I will try this none the less because the worst case is we just press the stator off. I’ll test it without dipping it just to make sure it works.

The face with the markings should be facing the magnets

1 Like

That’s what I told him too, but he said it worked with the old hubs so hes keeping it that way. I’m planning to use smd hall sensor to catch the magnetic flux coming off the side of the curved magnets. I feel like that would be the best idea for how crammed the inside of the hubs are. Definitely not giving up 5mm stator length for sensor tho.

2 Likes

image image

Pressed but did not work. Looking at the magnets, the sensors are not under the magnet. So they did fail. But it’s also possible the pcb or sensor got crushed in pressing, as I heard a pop.

As pointed out, I’ll Turn them sideways also. But it’ll be a bit of a pain with the fit. Either way, still pushing forward with more learned.

3 Likes

Sorry to the last folks I owe motors to. I’m a slacker. Last 6 sets. But working and feeling guilty. If I don’t have a whip over me I don’t do it.

Slight break. Whiskey is said to be smooth. I’m enjoying it image look at that goober w the bandana and mustache. . image image image image image Will finish this single set tomorrow because he writes me daily!! Kicked them in the oven fast cure the silicone before then in the winding resin and vacuum. But the last bunch will happen all together this weekend @Pylonflyer the silicone tubing here in the pic inhibits the curing of this grey liquid silicone. But normally silicone sticks to other cured silicone great. ?

3 Likes

Man I’m so jealous. You’re building my dream second build while I’m finishing up my first. Keep up the great work. It looks beautiful.

2 Likes

sending sets to @earthwire Marty and @ShawnyP today. tell me if I miss anyone but so far all that’s left to send are just to @kane @Blix @JohnnyMeduse and @atila82 (I think)

@Skyv4n write me as I don’t see payment just shipping from you and I need another paypal address you paid for them from. probably asked before but lost in here

You forgot me? :rofl:

1 Like

@Hummie just sending you some love. Had a wonderful morning and evening commute thanks to your motors and deck.

4 Likes

haha. I forgot me. but i’ll have a couple sets later and we can figure it.

hope to hear feedback from people with them. the tires especially, how are doing holding up. and the bearings. any lateral play. next design will do a bit bigger bearing.

3 Likes

I figured out the weird good feeling with these tires. They feel like Flashbacks! Flashbacks feel so good to ride but have terrible roll-out. The centrax with the width and the big lip brings a similar feel. Groovy. :slight_smile: no chunks or cracks and they feel good even in freezing temps.

I should check the bearings with the FLIR but so far your hubs feel so solid. No vibrations, and they feel like they’ll last. My R2 motor vibrate quite a bit at speed.

3 Likes

the original R2 or the new ones?

Later batch of the black ones. Between the twitchy remote, the crazy torque early, and the vibrating foot massage at top speed, I’m scared of my R2. Gotta put some miles on it before warranty is up though. The 97s help a bit, and I should just swap remotes. Hate the startup calibration too.

Oh I should mention, I have ownboard hubs. They shake a bit but max speed 25mph or so, it’s not as noticeable. Carvon 2.5 were smooth but didn’t feel as chunk of metal solid like the hummies.

4 Likes