New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

I can’t believe this hobby king shipping sorcery. I ordered on the 9th, received today the 11th. Free shipping, two days, to Texas from Hong Kong!

Motor looks solid! But it doesn’t come with a key for the keyway. Will slap it on tonight and report back.

6 Likes

They have logistic centers in usa :wink:

DHL tracking: Hong Kong to Texas

IMG_5002

6 Likes

It’s less than 12h flight from china to usa so overnight flight next day here :slight_smile:

It’s still cool though. It really is a small world.

3 Likes

is this not a tiny little baby keyway?

2 Likes
4 Likes

It is. But it doesn’t come with the key.

Technically I think the keyway is the “slot” in the motor pulley, that is the “keyseat” (as the key sits in it), the key being the bit that fits in the slot (keyseat) in the motor shaft… :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Just checked my shipping… Arrived at my local depot yesterday (Friday) at 4:30pm. So now it gets to sit there until a driver picks it up on Monday. Looking forward to hearing some first impressions from those that have them delivered already.

Hobbyking doesn’t supply the key for the motor keyway unless you get their pulley kit. At least that was the case with their old orange 125kv motor.

2 Likes

Had a chance to test it yet? I just impatiently ordered one while waiting for sk3 to get back in stock… If they turn out nice I’ll probably get another

No not yet. The lower kv ones I got are for a mtb build. Mbs trucks are not available until end of June. Sucks

I know right? My were shipped from hongkong to LA to Hawaii!

1 Like

Why is the amp rating (and watt…) lower on the lower kv ones? Is this normal when kv goes lower?

130kv / 65A / 2800w 192kv / 100A / 4400w 149kv / 80A / 3500w

Wound differently with higher resistance i guess. Same as the sk3 range.

1 Like

@thisguyhere could you measure the length of the motor shaft?

4 Likes

Damn, not gonna fit :confused:

5 Likes

Have an SK3 6374 to do a side by side comparison with?