New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

Wich ESC is recommended for this motor? The sk8 ESC from HK themselves?

the sk8 esc looks like its just a hardware 4.12 vesc… which there are other suppliers for. i’d say go with the esc is accessible to your wallet, because you can get anything from the 80$ range to around 200$ for a hardware 6 esc

HK (v)esc I believe 4.10, and I’ve seen it as low as $65. And I think quality is good, dare I say better than maytech…

their new vesc is 4.12…and cheaper isn’t always better. like i said go with what you can afford. a focbox will be better quality than either HK or maytech vescs…its what you can afford.

2 Likes

I think @fottaz has 10mm bore pullys in those tooth counts.

dam! anyone received one yet?

Mine due to arrive Monday.

1 Like

Arrived this afternoon! Really short phase wires. Weird. Guess we’ll be soldering longer phase wires onto our ESC’s.

9 Likes

those may be the shortest phase wires Ive ever seen :). Is the sensor wire a JST 2.0? As in can it connect directly to the VESC without adaptor?

From what I was told it is the 6 pin jst 2.0 connector. What do you do with all that slack from those phase wires.

3 Likes

Maybe this is a good thing? Super short phase wires on motor side would make an eventual wire break less likely there. The bend will be on wires on esc side, which are easier to replace or repair. Just a thought.

3 Likes

FYI

8 Likes

Stiffen up those short wires with some tape :grinning:

Wow they look beefy!

Looks like Jst-ph 6 pin

2 Likes

I can confirm that the sensor wire connects directly to the vesc without the need of an adaptor.

6 Likes

Awesome motor…

I have done over 1000km on my sk3s now.... and really love them, they perform greate, the only thing i hate about them is the lack of sensors.... I think this is going to be my next motor. The only thing i dont understand is, why the hell did they paint it blue :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

tongue face because it’s blue like the forum?

there is also this motor that was found today

Looks like a bigger racerstar motor.

2 Likes

At least they didn’t use that graffiti font on the motor

3 Likes