New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

Deadly are they selling cheap metal pulleys as well? Hope they went big on their order

1 Like

Thx for the info.

@Nowind Any idea if these will fit your direct drive?

1 Like

Do you have 16-18 teeth 10mm bore pulleys? Can you pm me if you have? :):grin: Edit: I see the links you attached, Thank you!!

At this moment Hobby King costumer reps must be shocked (much or less like @JLabs during the TSG helmet frenzy) with the sales avalanche experienced during the last 24 hours!

3 Likes

Yeh they are thinking whatā€™s happening? ahahahaha

1 Like

ā€œWheet the hell!!ā€ ā€¦ ā€œWhere did this come from???ā€ :rofl:

Think it was Walmart Black Friday couple of years ago

1 Like

what do you guys think about 149kv for mtb? cool right?

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy, this morning they only had 6374s listed for 192kv and I wished they had lower KVsā€¦now they do!! Pretty sure you can all thank me for wishing them into existance!! :smile:

So the big question isā€¦for an e-ATB do I wanna go as low as 130kv? I notice Trampa motors have a super low kv, and Iā€™m really not too bothered about the top end, I just want more grunt. But then people are speculating the kv is lower than advertised anyways. Hmmmmā€¦Iā€™m currently rocking SK3 6374 168kv and they are perfect (apart from the cogging!). 149kv?

2 Likes

Performance wise i got told to use a higher kv with a higher gearing. But until today i rocked my 149kv sk8 on my mtb

2 Likes

Huh? You already got hold of one of these?

No but my english is perfect :smiley: (Edit: notā€¦ lol) i am still rocking my 149kv unsensored but will upgrade in the next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish my 160kv were lowerā€¦ 149 seems a good compromise, 130 will be a tractor, if low speed pull is all you ever need? but 149 will give you some poke tooā€¦ :rocket:

3 Likes

I love 149, best at 12s if you run 5:1 due to top speed (currently around 38 km/h at 10s). Shitload of torque, isnā€™t a hill I canā€™t climb where I live.

1 Like

iā€™d be running with either 4:1 or 3:1 on 12s

So, in the end which will be the magical KV number? One thatā€™ll give you good speed and lots of Torque?

What do you consider good speed? Depending on your hardware and voltage, I would personally always go for the setup with the lowest KV that will still get you the max top speed you are after. That in the end gives you the best of both worlds (torque and speed). Everything else (surplus topspeed) is just for show :wink:

2 Likes

Im in for a set of the 149kvs

1 Like

149 kv seem the pivotal number

Yeah it will fit, standart bolt patternā€¦ Motorshaft seems long, dont see excact length in specsā€¦ But if it too long, cutdown just take a minuteā€¦

2 Likes