New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

Yes it is a single drive but that’s probably not the reason.

I have drilled a 10mm hole in an 8mm bore motorpulley, it was all fine and dandy but after riding it for 2 days it broke. The 10mm hole was the reason probably.

That’s why I want to lathe down the shaft to 8mm so it is capable for more pulleys :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is like the 10mm/8mm skate axle debate? Some started to go 10mm, then others started making their 8mm axles out of stronger material so they where compatible with all the bearings… for example my 8mm ronin axles are more than strong enough to be extended for multiple widths, some cheap truck with a sloppy kingpin and bushings, I wouldn’t trust though!

1 Like

It does look like it has 6 sensor wires. The wires are silicone and it is 24 milli ohms. The person I spoke with said it is partially sealed and said it was a 2.0mm jst plug for the sensor cable

@DanSkates you wanted a sensor-ed motor in this ball park bro? Au delivery

1 Like

Ordering now

Countless of people have used the older SK3 with 8mm shaft on mountainboard builds, including Jens/e-toxx. I don’t think anyone ever bent one of these.

I have around 3000km on the 149kv version.

1 Like

I’m completely new to all of this but that is the first thing I noticed living in Georgia US it gets really hot in the summer and no vent holes has me slightly worried

Shit yeah!!! Thx for the shout out @Cobber I’ll take a look into these :call_me_hand:t2:

Would like to know the tested kv as well. Since my 190kv are really 170kv

“Really hot” for humans does not make that much of a difference to the delta T for electronics :slight_smile:

30 or 40 c is almost the same temp

Your right. All 6374, 6372 190kv I have seen so far are 170 kv in reality. So would be surprised if this one is different.

2 Likes

I recall seeing a method for testing kv around here using VESC - Ill hit it up as soon as my motors come in.

Ive been hanging out for the right price 6374 to become available - SK3s have been sold out at hobbyking for the last 6 weeks, and didnt feel like spending AUD200 + on other options per motor. While this turnigy SK8 is an untested motor (by the community)- it ticks the boxes for everything I was looking for - and for a great price. Sensored is a bonus.

There’s more than just those 6 listed so far??

Yeah, if these is somewhere near the SK3 quality, I’m replacing all my damn motors. Absolutely the best motor I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Terminal tab then type kv then enter while using the arrow key to spin the motor.

nobody is concerned with the mounting holes?

Your welcome! 16t and 18t

Actually they have all bore sizes and 15mm or 20mm width. I also get my belts from this place. They are good. :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Yeah. I am, but have ordered and figure I’ll cross that bridge when/if it needs crossing.

No concern, spacing is 44mm. It looks like they have dual mounting holes per corner. Maybe this is to consider the placement of phase wires. Or maybe they are compatible with boosted mounting holes.

It comes in 3 KV ratings. Awesome I wish more suppliers did that. 130,149 and 192kv.

3 Likes