New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

I just ordered the SK8 6374 192kv its on back order status right now but my order went through fine. I am planing on building with a HK SK8 VESC and a DIY EBoards 10s5p battery.

@hobbyking_ian What I really need in stock is the belt and pulley sets for the skateboard conversions.

I have it in my wishlist but never seem to catch it being in stock.

Dont forget the bolt and retainer kit which is even less likely to be in stock… There is a 3d printed version available.

1 Like

I ordered the cover, retainer and bolt kit yesterday from usa warehouse. I have everything except the belt and pulleys!

You can get away without the kit above - I used an M20 washer with m5 x 45mm cup head screws and drilled out holes for the screws to go through - works like a charm.

That said you went for the sensored motor which has the extra long shaft which interfaces with this kit for extra strength - definitely the better way to go if you don’t mind spending the extra little bit of cash

Just an update on the availability of these motors. I have purchased a couple on back order and sent an email asking when they will be sent. I got the following response:

As per checking, the possible restocking will be 2nd to 3rd week of August. You may add the BK item in your wishlist so that once the item put back to in-stock. You will get a notification email.

So looks like mid August they will be back in. I ordered two of 6374 192kv motors

i heard these motors have issues of separating from the can…apparently they dont have screws or circlips holding them together and they are only held by the magnets, and some people have reported the can slipping from the stator (someone on instagram told me this)

Really? That’s the first I have heard of that. Have you tried them yourself? They are pretty new so I haven’t seen a lot of feedback about them but assumed they are good based on the excellent rep that sk3’s have. I hope it was just a one off with that failed motor

I ordered one and never used it and sold it once I heard of the issue… The guy I asked was using them as dual and I noticed he didn’t have them on anymore and he explained the issue to me… It could be a one off type thing but it seemed like a design flaw

Thanks for the heads up. I changed the motors this morning for sk3’s. At least I know these are tried and tested

1 Like

Any pictures? Design flaw when only one Person had this Problem?

Do you have a link for the discussion of this issue? Is there a fix? Being new to satellite drives, and the Sk8 6374 being my first outrunner motor, I thought the can wiggling is normal.

no pics; we just spoke over a live chat and he claimed he talked to hobbyking and they said there is no retaining circlip, only the magnets hold the can to the stator

unfortunately no link, guy was on an instagram live video and i asked him why he wasnt using the sk8 motors anymore and he told me verbally

That’s not hard to fix, you just cut a groove in the shaft or add a shaft collar. They probably didn’t use a circlip in case it would hit on a motor mount

1 Like

It’s my first build too so didn’t want the hassle of messing around. I won’t be using foc anyway so no much difference aside from it being better protected from the elements but the sk3 seems to cope well regardless

And what FOC has to do with it?

Sk8 is sensored sk3’s aren’t. My post related to the advice abenny gave to me and wether to get the sk8 or sk3 motor

Can you discuss about this more? Is there a tutorial/video on how this can be done?

Of course!

If your mount has a large opening to pass the shaft through, ypu can use a shaft collar, like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Ruland-MSC-8-SS-Collar-Stainless-Metric/dp/B0063KWIYC

Or you can cut a groove in the shaft, post 5

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1079423-How-to-repair-an-electric-motor

One thing to be aware of is to not have the circlip above the mounting surface if your motor mount has a narrow pass through.

The Racerstar motor does a good job of recessing it.

4 Likes

@Eboostin Wait… so for what purpose that “collar” ring can be used?

I got one in sk3 5055 kit as well… wasnt sure what is its purpose… only option i see now, is ir axle is really long, maybe it can go at end of axle to stop pulley from moving sideways