New FOCBOX For Sale! US Free Shipping! Price Reduction!

4.12 = entry level/price aka hobbyking

Modified 4.12 needs to be cheap or will not be able to stand up to onsumer sesire for vesc6 and knockoffs.

I guess the really good discount had to go as it was canabalising b2p sales sucking up all the sales from here and other forums.

Vesc6 and derivatives from now on yeah, what is it onloop says about innovation or death?

the focbox design files were supposed to be open source but, as expected, enertion’s removed the ability to download it:

http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/vesc-x-design-files/

does anyone have this downloaded already?

i can try reaching out to some pcb fabricators to see moq cost, see if it’ll make economic sense to start producing these off brand.

4 Likes

Actually, I was able to reach out to chat asking about it design plans and they were offered to me (to us personally, not to share) by the support staff. So they could still be obtainable but they did say they had obtained a license for it.

These should be available for download via the link that @thisguyhere posted; we’re currently investigating why the link does not work correctly.

@adrianenertion @carl.1 is it true that the FOCBOX is no longer built in the US ?

I have the file it’s a .rar file I got from enertion

Do you have any way to post that?

They did say to not share it. I will have to rip the file to see if I can send it

Correct, we are now manufacturing in a new Shenzen factory that specializes in Tablet & Phone PCBA. Failures rates near ZERO! & Much faster production!

To our suprise, We discovered they swapped some capacitors to upgraded versions not available from USA sources! we complained originally (because normally swapping means bad) However, after testing with very high-end lab equipment, we realised they were higher spec than our BOM.

Since the factory switch months ago, We have been able to keep up with demand for the first time in 2 years. The quality is great, Very Happy. Just ask anyone with FOCBOX, there are well over 1000 of them in circulation and very few reports of issues.

Our previous factory in the US had 18% failure rates in the last batch. Our last order was 1000 units & only approx 800 passed our QC process. Constantly behind schedule leaving us without stock & We simply could not continue with that yield. You probably remember the constant issue with had with supply.

Just remember, the country doesn’t determine the quality, the Manufacturing Standards & QC process do.

5 Likes

very nice, just because it’s made in China doesn’t automatically make it inferior, especially now…

when do you reckon the new focbox will come to market? I suspect priority will be raptor 2, but will you make them available to the diy market?

My Vesc-x was likely made in the US. I bought it early on in preparation of the CarvOn V3 kickstarter build. When the V3 finally arrived one of the two vesc died with a DRV fault. Sent it in to the DRV Wizard…The problem was a solder bead that was left between two pins on the DRV chip and shorted them. Totally manufacturer defect but becuase I sat on it for so long I didn’t seek replacement from @onloop hopefully the news ones are perfect as I need 4 of them once the two pairs of V4 arrives!

what new FOCBOX?

the ones you said are being mgfd in shenzen?

they are already in circulation & have been for a few months

oh, got ya.

I think @longhairedboy is selling some FocBoxes. I’m holding back so I don’t potentially get another defective one

omg are those bridges supposed to be there? aside from the little bead?

not sure “perfect” exists… I’ve been searching for perfection for some time now, all i find is more ways to make improvements… it never ends.

P.s. send us the receipt for repair will credit you.

1 Like

Yes. I was told those two bridges are normal from the schematics. Thanks for the offer Jason @onloop. Jean just charged me $15 for diagnosis and solder removal +$15 for shipping so need for credit. I’m just glad it’s getting better

I’ve noticed myself that the focbox you sent me recently survived what any VESC X nor VESC 4.12 idn’t. It’s clearly better quality than ever.

I don’t think it will be chezper just i m happy to hear it from you since there’s was no announcement aboutchanging factory :slight_smile: