New evolve remote controller R2

Does this actually fix their remote disconnection issue? I mean was that the remote or the receiver’s issue?

Having a separate button for throttle and brakes seems like a step backwards. What they had was fine and the dead man switch solves the accidental throttle problem

2 Likes

I feel like they are just adding too many features giving them selves higher chances of failures : (

hopefully I’ll get a chance to try one in person tomorrow.

The separate throttle / brake arrangement could be amazing or it might be meh - only one way to find out.

1 Like

Stay in school kid

You’re

Brake & Override

3 Likes

I’m a die hard DIY’er so not a fan boy of any company.

I guess it depends on how the triggers are setup and if you can fine tune the curves to your liking. I can imagine it allowing for a precise and faster reaction. Just like a clutch in a manual car.

But i’m just speculating and don’t have much experience with esk8. Only regular sk8’s and manual rwd cars! :sunglasses:

people are going to intuitively mash both at the same time. I’m glad they thought of that by making the brake override the gas. Ebventually that safety will malfunction.

1 Like

Am trying :00000000 okayyyyy :cry:

1 Like

That is already an issue though. Your instinct reaction when falling is to reach forward and let go. When bracing for inpact, it’s the exact opposite. Clenching fists. With a trigger style remote braking is the most unnatural and counter intuitive motion when faced with a dangerous scenario.

This remote kind of fixes the latter by having the second trigger override the first. If you clench your fist in fear and mash buttons, the board will brake and not accelerate, where as right now you would actually accelerate full on with a trigger remote

I have never used a thumb remote but have a few coming so that might be better instinctively.

2 Likes

Nevertheless, cost per cost i would say that the Photon remote seems more promising for us DIY’ers due to amount of customization that can be done.

6 Likes

No cruise control!? Remotes are regressing.

I know The best remote would be this Finger Trigger GT2B how it doesn’t have drop outs Small Screen Sensor so when you let go of the trigger it just cruises at the same speed Some weird sensor so that if you fall the board automatically stops Programmable dead man switch 3 modes The screen led you change Vesc setting, see speed in that run, see top speed in that run, and show a trail that you did Perfect remote

…with the screen on top :wink:

3 Likes

I’m almost 100 percent certain its not the receiver its the remote. I have had two remotes work perfectly on my ESC never 1 connection drop. Fast forward a few months and my charging port fell off, after the warranty replacement remote arrived: connection issues out the wazoo.

I want to try it. I REALLY hope they didn’t spend all the R&D money on this new design. I am hoping they spent just as much money/time working on the connection issues. Only time will tel…

once you use one you’ll realize that the problem of unintuitive finger pointing braking has been solved since the first wii nunchuck was paired with a vesc.

Its really the only format that makes total sense. Acceleration is a thumb forward, which isn’t the clench state. The relaxed state is no throttle at all and braking is much closer to a clench.

3 Likes

I’m all excited now!

I’ve used a GT2B and I honestly had no complaints, and the @MasterCho mod I used on it was great…BUT…no complaints is different then really liking something. My Benchwheel and Maytech Steez v2 remotes are a lot more comfortable and just feel natural.

I like the Nano-X alot too, its just a bit too small for my hand when wearing gloves. But I put some double stick velcro on the remote and my glove, that problem was solved. Unfortunately I busted up my RX when rebuilding a board awhile back, need to check with @onloop and see if I can buy just the receiver.

Also, I’m bad about hitting the breaks too hard with trigger remotes. That’s not an issue with thumb remotes.

2 Likes

STAAHP! Enertion isn’t going to ship till February at the rate they are currently going… :’(

2 Likes

You could use this receiver. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-gt2e-2-4ghz-receiver-3ch.html The “winning” remote would bind to these. You have to use ch3, I believe.

2 Likes

That’s cool, I appreciate it.

2 Likes