"NEW" evolve gtx board

I dont think focboxes will work too good when used as motors… :wink:

2 Likes

Wow I’m an idiot

I actually had it say controllers before but thought writing motorcontroller would be better

So i deleted controller and only wrote motor…

Oddly enough, the motors are like the one thing that works great on my board

1 Like

i don’t know how many of you have worked on Evolves… but let me give you the bad news.

The Evolve ESC only works with the Evolve remote. Replace the ESC, and you’ll need to replace the remote. But wait, there’s more. The Evolve BMS only works with the Evolve ESC, so if you replace the ESC, you have to replace the BMS and the remote.

Well since you’re already in there… why not swap out the prismatics for 40 30Q cells ($200 plus shipping) and have yourself 12.5 amp hours instead of 10 and eliminate 90% of the voltage sag while your at it.

so now you have two focboxes ($300) a new 50 or 60 amp BMS ($50 plus another $50 for shipping from bumfuck egypt), a new remote (we’ll call it $20 but mine are $50) and after some wire, solder, a few burns and a spilled beer you have what basically amounts to an Evolve Raptor and have spent over $600.

So yeah, just stick a couple of focboxes in there for $600 in parts and you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

A troll necro’d this thread for this exact reason :expressionless:

Haha, you are totally right

I actually already switched to HG2s. Now I “just” need VESCs, a BMS and a remote but I’m okay with that

After my board just turned off from overheating while riding on the road I just can’t trust the stock electronics anymore. I mean, I already have a screen on the remote that gives me a buttload of info, why isn’t it able to tell me that it’s about to overheat?

Screens. People obsess over information. I wonder what the ratio is of people that just ride for fun and people that are constantly performing some kind of analysis because i guess that’s fun too.

1 Like

I just sold my month old gtx and feel great about it. Its a sweet looking board, fast(26 mph for me) and i hit 32 miles in eco on flat route. With that said, i only rode it like 3 charges the past month because it broke so much. Right out of the box, it had a bent motor mount and after one ride the street wheel hubbs cracked, all of them. Then they sent it back to me a little bent still. Then the brand new belt broke in a parking lot. A few days later i found a crack in the deck and a motor was getting faulty. Also had ordered a fast charger that was broken out of the box. Sent it all back a second time and even asked if they would send me the original box back( they kept it the first time and sent the board in crap packaging and told me that they were out of the original boxes. Send me back the one that i sent??). Anyway the owner himself worked on my board as he was in town i guess, replaced the motors and everything, did not replace the deck tho. And did not get the original box back… The crack was thru a layer but they said it was just cosmetic. I dont mean to dis on evolve but i do believe that every single part on their board is complete crap. On top of that the parts are very expensive and ALWAYS out of stock. Thats just my experience with them tho i know many people like them a lot. I do not know why. Oh and i did not ride aggressively and weigh 210 lbs. so maybe thats why i had problems…

The board looks cool. I probably won’t buy from evolve though, poor customer service…