NEW ESK8 Controller 1.1 based on V 4.12 little bit smaller

@telnoi Sorry for this and this was for me very unpleasantness! You can send me back and i refund your the shipping cost. Tell me please in PM you order Number that i know the adresses where i must sending the new controller. I have not enough controlling my solder work. I al time controlling al soldering work. but there is that I do a probably a fault.

Regards Attila

2 Likes

Attila very quickly provided me with the info needed to fix the issue. I opened up the case and soldered the wire in place. Please note that if you do this without esk8.de’s approval, you will void your warranty.

P.S. The PCB looks great. Very tidy, components all straight. The other wires were soldered correctly. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a high quality VESC.

2 Likes

Having issues setting two up via CANBUS. When enabling can FWD in the upper right corner using the correct ID for the slave (2), I get ‘‘no firmware response’’ and only one motor responds to the Tx.

Master General

Master PPM

Slave General

Slave PPM

Setup

Both VESCs are connected to an anti-spark plug with an Y cable/single xt-60 connector.

The CANBUS cable is OK. Each individual ESC can be read/motors run. CANBUS connection does not work.

Any ideas?

Hey, I’m sure this will solve your problem:

ON THE SLAVE: Read configuration Set Controller ID to 1 In the app configuration disable “Multiple ESC’s over CAN”!!! (enabled on master only) “Send status over CAN” is already enabled. Write configuration and reboot.

ON THE MASTER: Read configuration Set Controller ID to 0 “Multiple ESC’s over CAN” is already enabled. Write configuration and reboot.

Thanks, but sadly that does not resolve the issue. Those were the settings I tried first (I followed this tutorial http://www.lp-electronic.com/vesc/connect-two-vesc-via-can-bus/)/tried it again just now.

Same issue as before.

Why only 720P…

1 Like

@esk8 Did you split + and - wires at one edge of the board each ? Regarding a old video of Vedder, as far as I understand this is not a good idea in matter of capacitance

I don’t know what is the real impact on the electronics, but could be more reliable to keep them close to each other, right ?

I don’t know why the Video was only in 720P I am looking in the settings by youtube but i don’t find it that i Kan make the P higher. And i loaded the original vide by youtube down. I must looking thats i loaded the Vide from the SD Card. I hope than was it better.

Regards Attila

If I understand you correct, you are asking if he has the plus cable on the TOP side of the PCB and the minus cable on the BOTTOM? Yes he is doing that, you can see that on the first and second pic in this thread. I dont know if there is copper on the PCB where the cables are going. but if so, it is probably a groundplane which is the same as the minus cable. nether the less the 2 cables are running parallel (only separated by the PCB (probably 1,6mm thick)) to the solderpads. Therefore it isn’t a problem in my mind.

and what you are asking for is the inductivity, not the capacity, as Ben mentioned in his video

No, I meant that he put a red wire (assuming + one) on one edge (toes side) of his Mountainboard from electronics to battery box and black one on heels side. You’re right, it’s inductivity.

yes you are correct

We testing in next time the ESK8 1.1 controller with the Sanyo 20700 cells with 10S/4P

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

How nice to see you further developing your products. Altough why don´t you answer your emails to your already existing customers?

1 Like

I was on vacation and I have it also on the HP communicated. Unfortunately, I had an accident on holiday with my board. Unfortunately, I was also in the hospital. Therefore the replies to the emails have been delayed a bit. This is not a new product and no further development. This is just a video of what a customer sent me. But the question itself, yes, I have sent you the new Wheel Pulley Monday!

1 Like

Oh man dude! Hope your ok!

Yes thank you @ GrecoMan so slowly it will again, I could hardly believe the first two weeks do not can use my hands. But we test all our products ourselves :grin:

2 Likes

okay I understand! Get well soon. I Guess the vesc was sent together to?