[NEW] Esk8 battery calculator - (3% discount at Nkon also at ru.nkon now!) More coming soon

Hey!

Just wanted to let you know I now support eu.nkon.nl aswell :wink:

1 Like

aren’t you forgetting all non-EU countries gratuitous :wink: https://ru.nkon.nl/

1 Like

Haha I know,

The discount code doesn’t work there (yet). I’m in negotiation with nkon about that.

1 Like

thank you for discount deal! :slight_smile: but my problem is, I can not find where to write that discount code? should I do it after paypal login? that doesn’t seem logical

Hey!

If you press how to redeem code You’ll see 2 purple buttons thise buttons will redirect you to the correct page where you can enter the discount code.

20190307_144815

20190307_144843

2 Likes

yep, tried exactly like you said, but I don’t see window for entering coupon code anywhere

Just for troubleshouting.

Can you share the exact link with me?

Are you on mobile or desktop?

Which device/browser?

You should see this field:

test

Notice: There must be atleast 1 thing in your shopping cart.

Exact link:

https://eu.nkon.nl/checkout/cart/

I got there over link on your website

Tried on pc and on android

Tried with loging in and without

chrome

chrome

It works now! Creepy!

Tried few times over your links on your webpage. And now over your link here it works!

Thanks! :blush:

You are welcome! I hope you’ll make a great battery pack!

1 Like

Great web :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Why not do both? Both data-sheet one and an e-skate recommended value coming from the community perspective? Could be super useful if I wanna compare cells!

1 Like

That may be an excellent idea!

I’ll look in to that.

2 Likes

I know it’s fallen out of favor in the last couple years, but maybe consider adding 25r cells?

Is shipping to us from nkon always $30?

I don’t think that’s enough at all for a board to be fun. You need at least 100A and that can be easily acoomplished with a 12s3p of 30Ts, 36 cells instead of 60 huge ass 20800.

While capacity looks outstanding I’m the kind of rider addicted to acceleration

1 Like

Forget it. Molicel’s P42A is the better cell than the 40T. But costs start at $12.99 per cell and decreases with larger volumes.

Compared to the 40T. Mooch rates it at 30 amps. fdgdfgdfgdfgdfg

1 Like

I’ll check if i can add them to the calculator

I’ll check that tonight

Yes saw the Molicel review good pointer, that was my first choice, fogstar wholsale have them, nkon do not.

But these high discharge cells with 4Ah capacity are mighty expensive. 40T is definitely there as well, I want 4Ah capacity for some range - ATB, so 30T is not in scope, 30T looks like a great cell for a punchy smaller pack.

The Sanyo NCR20700B was first choice just for it’s current sale price/capacity and reputation as a solid cell. Of course not a discharge queen like the 40T and the Molicell P42A, however the NCR20700B real discharge rate is more like 15A, same as the 30Q. Nobody complains about the discharge power of a 12s5p 30Q pack?

Source Mooch: I am rating this cell at 16A 4000mAh. It runs a few degrees hotter than the HG2 (which is why the Sanyo has a lower rating) but at 10A and 20A continuous down to 3.2V the Sanyo lasts about 25% longer.

Also see what Mooch has to say about the 40T claims to be 35A discharge: In my opinion though it is not a 35A battery, as rated in the datasheet.

At 35A continuous this cell reaches almost 90°C. That is too hot to ensure decent cycle life. A rating of 25A continuous brings it to about the same temperature that the Samsung 30T reaches at its rating.

Choices

1. 12S5P of NCR20700B (60 cells) = €268. Extra weight/capacity from extra P but still cannot compete with high discharge rates of Sammy/Mollicel. Not too bothered about weight it is going to be a heavy ATB build for running the beach.

But much, much cheaper and the extra P should go some way towards helping discharge as well as range.

For the high discharge cells, in 12S4P config (48 cells)

1. Samsung 40T = €347
  2. Molicell P42A = €380

I get your point though @Eboosted & thanks for it, a dual setup with an exciting battery could have about 70A for each ESC.

Taking this to @Kug3lis’s calculator for details just to see what was be the net effect and to enter more accurate discharge rates. I would have to agreed that NCR20700B can not give a pair of 6384 motors the juice they need to hit absolute full power.

Exciting? debatable for sure

NCR20700B 12S5P

image image image

Samsung 40T 12S4P (revised discharge per Mooch)

image image image image image

Molicell P42A 12S4P

image image image image image

I’m going to take this all with a big pinch of Epsom salts

The peak discharge is an arguable point in any event. You can set a battery max for sure which will instruct the ESC not to draw more amps then you set, but that is a limiting factor of your config not the pack.

If you set it to the peak discharge rate then the ESC will pull more than is rated for continuous discharge. In essence I could allow the ESC to pull more than the NCR20700B is rated for continuously but who runs at max throttle continuously? Burst mode will be fine at the expense of range