New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

Man I’m still waiting on beta version :weary::weary:

@bradrisse can i please beta test the app?

So from what I’m reading it seems that developers want to get in on the development and the community wants it to be community built which I’m all for. So what I’m going to do is put up a portion of my codebase up in Github and see what happens. I also secured esk8app.com for information pertaining to the app as well as links to each app store. Ill put up the basic framework with some tasks I haven’t had time to work on.

I’ll put some paint on the canvas and we will see if the community can create a masterpiece. Ill have it up by Sunday.

8 Likes

Apps take time unfortunately, hopefully by getting the community involved this will decrease the timeframe.

4 Likes

@b264 we are looking at you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So can i beta test it? :wink:

Ill be putting a beta signup on the site, once that is set up everyone will get an email about the beta testing.

Ok. 10chars

Hey! Were you able to do that yet?

Added the barebones skeleton to get started. I have some additional work on the bluetooth module, but getting slow results. Ill also include a link to the app design. https://github.com/bradrisse/Esk8

3 Likes

Here is the link to the design on Invision https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/C4EWD1ZDP#/screens

2 Likes

PM your github username and I’ll add you as a collaborator

3 Likes

Yep it’s open source now, I’m joining as a developer on this project

4 Likes

Nice, make it happen :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Bradrisse, Pls does your app mean I will not require to use a mac or windows device to access a vesc or the focbox devices? In case you are wondering I am a newbie :frowning: Thanks in advance . ~Andy

@ajelliottjr Not 100% sure, but pretty sure you’ll see battery voltage (percentage), watts used, watt hours used and that stuff, in a cool GUI, but you’ll need to change the settings still in BLDC / VESC Tool. I think there may be another app for changing settings from your phone.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Do you know of any apps on Googles play store?

Here? You need a Bluetooth chip too. HM-10.

Thank You !

Yes eventually you will be able to modify settings, right now the concentration is monitoring. Once that is working properly and in the app store the settings modifications from mobile will happen.

1 Like