New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

Here are the settings screens for General and Boards

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk you have to come back in the game ! Someone is ahead of you. Many will realise we paid for something that someone will offer FREEELY, with better UI and better functionality.

1 Like

not sure if this has been covered…I’m using two HM10s one on each FocBox due to split PPM vs CANBUS. The app I’m using now doesn’t seem to play nicely, I’m only able to connect to one module and unable to switch to the other. might be an app issue since there are no other HM10 to select. hopefully this is something your app would accommodate.

I have to run split ppm, I’ve had one vesc fail on me twice having master and slave would be problematic if it happens again

1 Like

Interesting, ill have to create the same setup to test. Im sure there is a way to remedy.

actually I just played with it a bit more and it turns out I might have a bad module, I switch it out and it now connects. now the only issue I have is both being names the generic HM10, so I have no idea which is which

There is a command for the HM-10 module that allows for name change. If you have an Arduino you can mess around with it, explained here http://www.martyncurrey.com/hm-10-bluetooth-4ble-modules/

Change the name using AT+NAME. Later I will be using 2 HM-10s and changing the names will help identify which is which. As you can see from the below I have changed the name to HMsoft-38A3. The “38A3″ are the last 4 digits of the mac address.

I will see if I can work in the name change within the app.

Hello, I’m a software developer too. I would be pleased to help you on this project and submit some pull request. Plus, React Native is dope !

1 Like

Thanks!!! I’ll look into your link and see what I can do with that name issue

Can we use hc05? It has the same bluetooth chip as hm10…

Ill purchase some various bluetooth modules and test them.

Some more views…

Shows current mode on top of speed

After clicking edit on dashboard

13 Likes

Looks amazing… can’t wait to try it!! Keep up the good work :clap:

2 Likes

holy fuck I NEED THIS. That UI looks so sexy

2 Likes

Looking awesome!

1 Like

You should open-source this so folks can help get this done sooner

1 Like

As soon as its a a good point where all the basic functionality is working correctly I will release, then the community can assist with the extras. Im writing up some commit guidelines and how to start up the app in various environments.

Please see if you can connect to two HM-10s each with it’s own vesc using split ppm. I got the problem again where only one module can be seen and the other doesn’t connect. I think both connected only once or twice during my test. I’ve close up my enclosure for now, I just have one module to the new replacement vesc since I want to make sure it has no faults (trying to determine if it was a faulty focbox or motor problem.) Thanks for your effort in an awesome app!

Definitely will try it with two modules

Awesome awesome work dude! Can wait to try it! Glad to donate or pay for this sensational app please keep us updated

1 Like

Amazing app!

Feature request: The ability to change the icon of any board individually (add other shapes and sizes).

Can I connect one Bluetooth module with two VESCs connected to the same receiver? (PPM split mode).