New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

If there are hall sensors it can be calculated and if no hall sensors GPS will be used. Odometer will be editable if using an existing board or if you rode without tracking. Odometer essentially adds every tracked ride into one metric. I believe the RPM can also be estimated using the Vesc data, I will look into this.

1 Like

Nice work mate. It’s rare to find a developer that also has a good eye for design.

1 Like

As a developer, I have other folks design user interfaces ha ha ha ha

3 Likes

I remember the days that others would work on UI for me. I’ve been forced into making things look good over the last few years!

@bradrisse The app is looking awesome! Great job!!! If/when you opensource I’ll be sure to throw some pull requests your way. If you need and testing/debugging let me know.

Until it’s open-source I’m considering it closed source. The longer it goes closed, the less likely it will be opened

1 Like

I can definitely understand that point of view. I’m 100% for opensource projects. It’s the main reason I got into programming. Sometimes it’s smart choice to get the initial kinks worked out before opening up to the public though. Guess we’ll see which way this project goes in time. :slight_smile:

Haven’t upload yet, I want to move quickly right now, but shows intent :slight_smile: https://github.com/bradrisse/Esk8

5 Likes

the UI looks beautiful, good job :slight_smile:

Let us know when we will be able to download the ap

Oh, MIT license? May want an AGPL for this particular one, not sure. There are pros and cons to both

I’ve started using ISC instead of MIT

This is incredible! Great work!

Will be watching with interest.

1 Like

Im assuming future esk8 companies will use this app code for their own branded app. If I use the AGPL license then they would be required to also open source. Although I would like them to do that, I don’t think they would. My goal here is to create a powerful and sleek app for the DIY community, but if it can also benefit new esk8 startups and esk8ers that purchase ready to ride boards then I would prefer that. It comes down to which license puts this app in the most hands?

1 Like

Looks awesome. Very attractive interface, i especially like that it is fullscreen. What is your target release date? Do you take donations?

1 Like

Perfect, then the MIT license does exactly that

:smiley:

Have you looked at ISC, it’s even simpler and essentially better than the MIT license (because it’s simpler)

Don’t have any dates set, but I want it just as much as anyone else, so I’m working as fast as I can. I will take donations once the app is released and there is an accompanying site. I plan to accept Paypal and cryptocurrencies.

2 Likes

Dope can’t wait for it :ok_hand:t3:

donations, once the code is open-source :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

will it only be for apple smart watch, what about a android one. Also great design on the app.

1 Like

Android and Tizen

1 Like

Just another suggestion, Andriod Wear 2.0 user over here, would love to see a version of this on Andriod Wear! It looks so awesome!

1 Like