New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

I finally read this thread only to discover the app isn’t done or available for Android yet. For now it looks like I’ll have to pursue an alternative. Keep up the work!

Correct, it is not complete yet. If you do happen to find an alternative, please let me know so I can see what works and possibly integrate some features.

2 Likes

Not on Android but similar to yours

Yes I have seen this one, similar to my design. This is why I choose to use react native so that both Android and IOS users can enjoy the same app.

2 Likes

The main reason its taken me this long to get to a working app is due to the conversion of the vesc protocol code that needed to convert from c++ to javascript. Now that is complete i’m making sure that the data is correct and small adjustments to the app code.

6 Likes

Any idea about the release date? :smile:

I do have a date in mind but Im not going to say because who knows what happens between then and now. However I will say that Im currently using the app with my board while riding.

8 Likes

Super excited for the release of this app, Brad! Will it be compatible with the Metr Pro?

It should, but ill order one to confirm

3 Likes

Screen shots!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Essentially they are the same as above with minor changes, specifically pertaining to the way a user would change the mode.

2 Likes

Plans for a Test Flight Beta?

I remember getting pretty excited when I saw this thread pop up. particularly for the UX deign which isn’t the forte’ of the DIY community. Unfortunately, ‘Xmatic’ stole that first to market thunder from you a little. What will differentiate your application now? I suppose ‘free’ is a big attractor.

Can you speak to Apple Watch compatibility/function? I suppose this is going to be the next point of differentiation between these apps. I would pay handsomely for any good app, but particularly an app that runs directly off the watch independent of phone

1 Like

One of the top factors is UI/UX, yes an app may look similar but how does it feel and how do you interact with it. Are the animations smooth? Does it work flawlessly? Is it intuitive? These are the things I keep in mind while developing. Second it will be free and always free without ads of any sort. Third it will be available simultaneously on IOS and Android with the exact same experience. This is a big one for me because an overwhelming majority of mobile phones around the world use Android and it simply isn’t fair to create an app exclusively to IOS.

There will be a private and public beta. It is currently in alpha getting all the kinks knocked out.

An app the runs on the watch independently of the phone might be problematic. I won’t know what the hurdles may be for that yet as I’m concentrating on the mobile phone currently.

Anyway competition is great, it pushes new and exciting features and gives users to pick the app they enjoy the most. Obviously I hope to give a great experience that is better than others.

7 Likes

Following :no_mouth:

super excited about this:D will it be possible to change vesc settings over app, or better save different profiles?

yes there will multiple profiles and the ability to change vesc settings from the app

1 Like

Will it change only the connected vesc or he able to send info via can?

Also sends via can

3 Likes

I’d love to be on the beta team😉

2 Likes

This looks like a great app, definitely be using it when it comes out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes