New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

How’s the caliber 2 version going?

second that.

@Skunk, @Benjamin899, I will have a business trip on monday, will arrange the production before that.

2 Likes

Also got mine today. Can’t would to test them out when I come back in from my trip.

20180706_143025

Hey guys, just received my version 1 mounts. As you can see above, the idler adjustment is on the same side, which results in a lopsided look when you mount in dual configuration… In other words no right/left versions. Looks pretty bad imo, and prevents from running a sigular idler. Just thought I should throw it out there!

2 Likes

Sorry for the double post… other than that quality looks great for the price!!! Seem plenty tough as well.

20180706_144810

20180706_14481420180706_144824

1 Like

How thin is it where motor goes??

Roughly 4.3mm

mmh that’s a bummer. maybe dickyho will make a left and right version in the future batches.

I’d assume people like to run idlers on slack side. I feel like these mounts (if using idlers) would really be ideal for dual diagonal setups only. Kindof a bummer they aren’t mirrored.

1 Like

it will not look obvious after every thing installed.

image image

4 Likes

Yeah it’s really subtle. But can you ask them to not use scratched up aluminum stock. There r a lot of dings and scratch marks on mines. I think I am gonna have to use sand paper to rough it out.

Sorry, about this. for the cheap price. all are without surface treatment. I am planning to anodize all piece later, which will have 1.5us increase for each piece.

1 Like

Will you be able to make a left and right side design also?

Of cause I can. if more people needed that.

1 Like

I’m glad to pay 1.5 for nice and smooth finish for a week. Also +1 for left n right mount.

3 Likes

yeah no problem paying a dollar or two more for a nice finish, also totally down for a left and right version(caliber edition ofc)

for this time, you could spray color on it.

I would just use a sanding wheel to brush the surface if it bothers you. For the price I’m not complaining.

When @dickyho said 1.5 I think he meant x 1.5, as in 50% more which is still a pretty good price.

@sender and I have been discussing anodizing for some other pieces. I’ll check I to cost and color options of anodizing these.

I meant +1.5us/pc , anodize is cheap in china.

2 Likes