This is what I was thinking too

1 Like

like this? 20181104003141

8 Likes

i think you should call your mounts Caliber Daggers or something like that

1 Like

Yep, exactly.

1 Like

maybe next bunchā€¦I have some quantity almost done production.

besides, this will look wired for those not intended to add barā€¦

If the motors are mounted inwards, it wonā€™t be too noticeable. If the motors are outward/reverse mounted, it will keep them from getting scratched when the board gets stood up on end.

3 Likes

Great discussion. New builder question. Doing a DIY. Advisable to have a on/off switch on cover? How to make a homemade cover? I ve seen some covers out of tread plate but not sure they were formed or if there are better choices. Thx

This. Exactly what I was thinking.

Wrong thread bro. Might be better to start your own discussion.

Yes just like that, although I am not a fan of the pointy end but it doesnā€™t matter as long as it works.

2 Likes

This looks great!

The aluminium crossbars look much better than the initial sheet metal thingy.

1 Like

This. The bent sheet metal stuff looks like childā€™s play and could still bend if impacted. The aluminum crossbars are going to be waaaaaay more stout.

2 Likes

I recently bought the mounts, and although Iā€™m still making my build I finished the drivetrain and decided to make a 3d printed motor guard. Very satisfied with intial impression of the mounts! I bought the extra long ones so I can mount both my motors behind my rear trucks, but donā€™t want to be leaning the board up against walls and have it directly sit against the motors.

Hereā€™s pics of the parts I made, and hereā€™s a link to download the stl.

5 Likes

Nice one. You could also implement pulley cover

I was hesitant to try that because I saw that dickhoā€™s selling some 3d printed pulley covers and didnā€™t want to undermine what heā€™s doing

1 Like

I put the file into Cura, and the model is absolutely. Any chance I can get either an updated working model or how big it actually should be

I take it you mean it was absolutely tiny? If so, give it a 10x scale. My blender settings have always been wonky :confused: Iā€™ll try and post a revised version but if you just scale 10x it should be exactly the right size

1 Like

Awesome thanks man, that should be perfect

Anyone got them to fit TB218 trucks, WITH OUT ANY modification?