New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Using the stronger aluminium I think the 12mm mount would solve your problem. I would just do that

Yeah, I would suggest to not remove material unless absolutely necessary.

Also @dickyho If 95% of your buyers use 65mm motors then no need to try and accommodate for 50mm motors.

1 Like

12 mm is a bit much especially if you don’t recess the motor. You will not only loose real estate but also the accessible motor shaft becomes quite short.

2 Likes

9 mm belts are a bad idea, the snap in no time. I would never ever go again with so narrow belts.

1 Like

the majority of motor mounts are around 6 mm thick no? Hobby King’s is 8mm. I imagine the 6-8mm range is very reasonable.

I got the bridge samples, tested ok! made of 1mm thick stainless steel, I believe strong enough. A18F46F13667A3FC05B325416EBA7E49 E0E84D7E9BF43B9D14A47C8ED7D60B4D E1BDDD330EFCDB3B27FEDB03978D4D9E DE49C08926A2A0EDB5513A2DC3FD1420 A1F34153A72E7F0D1299E52AE0ABD76D 20181031215449

13 Likes

Looks nice!

1 Like

The bridge will fit the older mounts?

Are you still going to make the 12mm mount for single motor and dual diagonal builds?

Just got my new mount to replace the bent one. The new one is about 1mm thicker than the original (bottom). DH_mount%20-%20Copy

1 Like

yes, it will fit.

yes, I already making that…

1 Like

Looking at the design of those, I think the crossbar might bend where it overhangs from the motor mount, since a lot of the forces will be focused there. Either the right angle in the crossbar piece should be flush against the tip of the motor mount, or a thicker sheet should be used.

yes, that is true. I was thinking 1mm stainless steel will be strong, and 2mm would be too thick, will push the motor pulley outward. maybe I would try 1.2 or 1.5mm.

thought of material already refined, thickness increase, and the pulley cover can help to stronger the system… so it might ok…

1 Like

Oh Dickey, you’re so fine You’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Dickey, Hey Dickey!

I recieved everything I ordered from you! Fast shipping and all good! Looking forward to test these out in 6-7 months… Damn you winter…

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Tried finding it in this thread but must have missed it. What is the OD of the ring/adapter circle for Caliber trucks? @dickyho

28.5 mm. But if the relief cut is made after doing the inside and outside milling it may vary a bit. Due to tension in the metal piece

1 Like

Bend it into a u-channel

Thank you!

1 Like

Would it be complicated and/or much more expensive to make them a little longer or wider on the motor side plate so we can just add a aluminum tube or a crossbar? I think someone added an aluminum tube and some threaded rod but around the idlers position or something.

2 Likes