New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Wow that’s really nice of you.

How do we know if we have the soft one? I have mounted mine but I won’t be using it until sometime, still missing the battery and other stuff. It won’t be until probably next year. Will the discount still be available then if It bends at that point?

you don’t need to worry… I remenber you, you are living in the most remote place I ever know…

10 Likes

Just a suggestion, have you thought about increasing the length of the thin part where the motor mounts? That way it would extend a little beyond the motor can and allow people to stand there boards against the wall if they reverse mount, hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion! this is a good idea. I will try to design something like that. the problem laids ahead now, is the bridge need to be adjustable. (if I designed that, better sell the bridge as well).

2 Likes

By bridge do you mean a spacer bar between 2 mount in dual config? If so that would be great and may help for alignment and avoid bending, right??

@Tamatoa, He means a cross bar :wink:

Working on a crossbar adapter, photos coming soon.

2 Likes

Flat plates are 1/8" steel cut with waterjet. 3/8" aluminum rods drilled and tapped. The results speak for themselves, from severely bent to straight as an arrow. IMG_20181024_130106 IMG_20181024_132101 IMG_20181024_134100 IMG_20181024_134054

11 Likes

How much. My motors doin the same thing. Bugs the shit outta me

1 Like

that is some rly nice work.

1 Like

If you can find the exact distance between the outside edge of the motor mount, I can see how feasible it is. You would also need four of the black motor mount screws to screw into the pulley cover hole since they are metric, not standard US sizes. As for pricing, might be around $30 -40 shipped? But at that point you might as well buy new mounts. I did it because I wanted to stand my board on the wall without hitting the motors.

1 Like

Beautiful work @chrischo1996

1 Like

Mine doesn’t have the pulley cover holes. I just ran a bar in the middle hole between the bearing tensioner

That’s not where they are bending though in my experience.

@dickyho… Can I ask when you expect more Calibre mounts? Your eBay listing says out of stock, but I’d love some more!

Wow, nice work, you are the man!!!

I also designed something like this, will make some sample later… %E9%98%BF%E9%87%8C%E6%97%BA%E6%97%BA%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720181026034520

5 Likes

Hi. I did run out of stock of the caliber mounts. the new inproved one will come to me in about a week.

if you urgently needed, I still have some old version mounts left here… mount%20for%20caliper%20truck

What are the improvements on the new one?

1 Like

better material, thickness increased to 4.5MM

Thanks @dickyho… I will wait till you post about the new ones… Photos on arrival wold be very much appreciated!

The previous purchase I have used for single motor decks for my nephews with cheap components… I would much rather the improved version for my own deck which I am still sourcing parts for and I intend to build over Xmas and new year.

If u get an ETA on prototype crossbars soonish I may be interested in those too which I would be happy buy & report back on for the forum.

Thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like