New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Didn’t think about putting the two mounts back to back. Would try that if my mount wasn’t already installed. Speaking of… final assembly complete and loctite is drying. Will give the new mount a try tomorrow afternoon! 20181012_151334 20181012_151615 20181012_151451

2 Likes

Did anyone notice this picture before buying the mounts? This pic. explaines it… The mounts fit 50x and 63x motors, to fit the 63mm motors, you have to turn your motor until it lines up like in the pic so the motor fits correctly. I have dual installed on my board and no issues.

4 Likes

That picture is one of the reasons I bought this mount. Needed to put a 63mm motor on my board and a 50mm motor on my sons. On my mount the 50mm & 63mm motors line up perfectly. On the other mount, neither the 50mm or 63mm motors line up. I’ll have to attempt to enlarge the slots to get it to work. Not a big deal, but kinda annoying.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, everytime time i would buy something new for my eboards, something would not fit with the other or it wouldn’t work correctly, very frustrating, trust me i know. I sometimes had to modify things so they work. I have so many parts that i’m gonna start selling them from all the upgrades that i have done. Are you using caliber trucks or paris?

1 Like

Contact dickey, he is great making things right for people.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement dude. I’m using Caliber trucks on my build and my son’s build. I sent out a message to Dickyho 6 days ago but haven’t heard back from him. He’s probably on vacation right now or something.

i thinks there is a holiday atm

1 Like

I’m having an issue where my Caliber mounts face outward a bit. It’s not because of the belt tension either, it’s that when I tighten it down it leans outs. I would say it’s maybe a 2-3 degree tilt, it’s slightly visible in the photo if you look at the angle between the motors.MVIMG_20181014_145609

Maybe you over tightened it, then opened it then retightened it again, could of deformed it a little.

OR

one mount is slightly deformed, don’t look that bad but are your pulleys and belt aligned?

It can also be the trucks themselves. Cast truck aren’t perfect. Think someone had the same problem with a set of marc88 mounts. Think they ended up stuffing some heat shrink between the mount and hanger. @chrischo1996 Maybe try swapping the mounts from right to left. Or switch the rear truck to the front and front to the rear.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to mount these on mbs trucks at all? What kinds of mods did it take to make it work if so?

1 Like

20181015_072508_HDR Printed a support bar. Lined up the mounts great

15 Likes

thats rly cool

How’s that support bar mounted? Screwing into the plastic?

Yea used the middle hole where the tensioners sit. Ran the print between and used m4 bolts to secure it and it pulled the motors to line up proper

Let me know how they hold up, the threaded screw holes might strip pretty easily.

Time will tell. Should hold though. Dont see it moving much

Is that what the middle hole is for??? I was thinking what it is for.

Not sure. Didnt get the tensioner kit to see if the holes all get used

Middle hole doesn’t get used. I believe its left over from when the tensioner used to only have a single bearing and not two. You can see this previous design earlier in the thread