New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Could you take a bell off a new motor and replace it once the factory gets you a replacement? Or could you send a new motor?

Actually I have contacted the suppliers for those motors and indeed they can supply those motors with the retaining ring. I wish you all the best in getting the right price.

I’ll buy 2 6374 from you when you have ones with the retainer rings.

@dickyho I find your honesty refreshing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing earlier today

1 Like

How does This ride with the evolve trucks ?

It’s not my build its @jasonkimberson :slight_smile:

The board rides great, I did the front evolve trucks with tb tears in a previous board and thought it was nice

Hi. already arranged a belt, will send you tracking number once shipped.

by the way, please check if you ESC setting is correct, or belt too tight…, because this motor have been sold for years, I sold hundreds, not mention other sellers. it proof to be quality ok. this situation you have, was possibly cause by the heat, which produced by some reasons.

1 Like

Is anybody using @dickyho 's gear set (with mounts) on Caliber 2 Trucks and Flywheels? I got my set in and the opening in the wheel gear isn’t wide enough to fit around the caliber trucks so the gear doesn’t fit. I can open it up with my lathe, but I just want to make sure I’m not missing something obvious.

-Jim

1 Like

Following. Also ordered the gear set for Caliber 2 trucks and flywheel clones. Dickyho hasn’t shipped my order yet, so there might be time to correct it. Curious to know if I will have the same problem. Definitely need the wheel pulley to fit over the Caliber 2 truck profile.

@ Kingjamez

of cause will have the problem. because my pulley have 22mm bore, not enough for caliber truck.

i think most people here also have the caliber mounts and are expecting the pulleys to fit the trucks as well. I am in the same boat so this is news to me. I guess i will have to open up the pulley hole.

1 Like

I was plan to making pulleys will bigger bore, but the 22mm bore can fit a bearing in…

Unfortunately I do not have access to a lathe. May have to cancel my wheel pulley order if dickyho cannot modify the wheel pulley bore. That’s a bummer!

just need to mill a little bit of the truck, then it will work, by using a file。

1 Like

Instead of milling the truck, I found it very easy to drill out the bore with a drill press.

I got a step drill bit with a max size of 1" diameter (few bucks on amazon), and used a drill press. The step bit will center itself in the current bore; I drilled a bit past halfway from both end of the pulleys. 1" bore (25.4 mm) doesn’t hit the bolt threads.

You could probably do it with a handheld drill as well, not much material is being removed and aluminum is quite easy to drill; the step bit keeps it straight. I would keep the pulley order, they’re quite good.

1 Like

Any photos of the end result? I’m in the same boat…

I’ve been using your 40T pulley with an 11mm bearing. It works great. The pulley runs smooth and straight. I just had to mill the truck hanger a bit with a file.

Perhaps you could enlarge the bore of the pulley to 25.4, but leave the last 4mm of the bore at 22mm so that we can still install an 11mm bearing. That way, we wouldn’t have to mill-down the truck hanger to clear the pulley.

2 Likes

Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, thanks, will try that later.

1 Like