New custom deck tailored towards electric skateboarding (Group Buy)

I definitely want one

O want one

Do you have any updates?

1 Like

Sorry, wrong thread

Yes, my previous supplier is blowing it so I am trying to find a replacement high quality supplier!

Turns out they went out of business!

1 Like

Ah that’s unfortunate! thanks for the update

Updates on the deck? Rich Nelson recently came back to the US, so the transfer of the Batray molds are going down right now.

1 Like

HO-LEE-SHIT!!! So happy to read this thread. Was so gutted when Nelson went out of business. This is gonna be so cool. I need to start saving now for all the things i want to get in the near future. Including one of these decks. Thanks @PredatorBoards.

1 Like

Heh, funny you brought this up now. I just finished finalizing some production changes to the Banshee. With that out of the way, I’m shifting my focus back to the Batray esk8 deck. Hopefully we’all have some CAD mockup to showcase what’s going to be made.

I’m really leaning towards something like this:

Obviously there will be a generously sized kicktail, to boot, but I’m really liking the snubnosed design. It gives that really spunky look which departs from the traditional rounded off nose of most esk8 decks.

7 Likes

How long do you think it will take to have the decks able to ship to everyone? Just a rough estimation, because ofcourse there are a lot of possibilities that it gets delayed

1 Like

I’ll likely be shipping these decks to my home and then individually shipping them out. This will keep the costs down for the group buy. When I turn this into a commercial operation, I’ll arrange for an actual logistics company to handle shipping. I’d have to check and see how long production will take, but I can’t imagine taking any more than a week to ship out these decks once they arrive at my place.

Is there any boards still for sale? I looked through the thread and saw multiple designs, do you have a pic or rendering of what is going to look like? Also it’s $40 for US? Sorry for all the questions I read through everything but am kinda unclear.

Well basically what happened was that I was communicating with some suppliers to create a new esk8 deck. Some time down the road, I acquired access to Nelson’s Longboard’s designs. So now I’m arranging for an esk8 deck that is derived from Nelson’ Batray.

Around this same time, I became acquainted with a flexible American manufacturer to handle production. I’m unsure about the group buy pricing as of now, so I can’t comment on that now without going back on my word later.

Y’all are going to like this bit though: There will be 4-5 different Batray-derived deck cutouts/shapes. We should be able to cater to almost everyone’s preferences, be it a double kicktail, single kicktail, chopped deck, classic shape, etc.

7 Likes

I like everything. Do you have a rough estimation on when the decks can be produced?

We can start as soon as another 2 weeks, assuming we finalize the designs soon.

@michichopf looks like the Composite Batray will become a reality. For now I want to keep this group buy exclusive to members here on this forum. However I’ll definitely be reaching out to the rest of the longboarding community after this group buy is completed. By any chance do you have a social circle of people who’d be interested in getting the word out when this happens?

Well yeah. Got multiple chat groups only with riders. Have no idea how many people are intrested in one though. We usually own 1 deck for a season…

But let me know when and how I should inquire. Also mayby get me an estimate for deck + shipping.

Yoi doing gods work my man!

2 Likes

I’ll be interested in 2 once you lock everything down.

I will likely be interested in one as well, great work!

Will any of these boards have an integrated enclosure?

The plan is to route out the bottom, very much like this: 4CDCEDCC-6B0D-45B2-ABA0-8278C936E0A2-286-00000081B8189600

1 Like

Perfect! Do you know the depth of length and width by chance? Very interested in getting a couple of these if they’re routed like that!