New custom deck tailored towards electric skateboarding (Group Buy)

Drang yeah boii. Put that Doobie concave on it and I am in :wink:

Ps: Loved my doobie before it snapped (tram ran over it).

2 Likes

Even more happy (but slightly irrelevant) news for ya’ll. I’m going to be fielding some Labeda 90mm wheels with the plush formula for my company. We’ll likely sell these as an upgrade item. I’m grabbing at least 8 sets for testing and sending out for review with the Banshee.

How’s $40 per set sound?

6 Likes

Kegal or flywheel core? 40 bucks? Sign me up

Kegel core with that fatass contact patch Labeda’s 90mm wheels are known for.

1 Like

This is for the fans of Nelson Longboards. I’m chatting with the owner, and I think I just might get to survive their legacy if he chooses to give me the designs. When that happens you sure bet I’ll take what I can learn from concave profiles of their boards and apply it to this new board I’m working on. Don’t worry about the original decks by Nelson, I got plans for them…

7 Likes

Oh boy. If that works out. I want a stingray DH BADLY :wink:

Keep us updated

2 Likes

I’m really tempted to start off a limited production run of the Batray SK. That board is just straight awesome. Both the DT and SK just murder the Tesseract in terms of design…

1 Like

If you want to do this in a timely fashion, I would suggest concentrating on Drang who is still in business for a reason. Jared at Drang has the equipment to do virtually anything you desire for a good price. My son and I spent spent a day with them August of last year exploring opportunities for 2018 and they a lot of those are now realities!

3 Likes

Yep! Drang is already in on it. I bridged the three parties involved in this and all that’s left to do is to figure out the minute financial details between us three.

2 Likes

wowow big accusations :slight_smile: The Tessaract family isnn’t one of the most conntiniously sold deck series for nothing :slight_smile: . I love my truncated tessaract. Concave in all the right places, supports aggressive free ride as well as downhill, has wheelbase options and allows for big wheels with the flares.

Don’t get me wrong, the Batray (I prefered the Stingray DH that’s why I owned it) is a wicked deck. But never forget, a deck is something very personal. Every rider has an own preference, style, stance, foot size etc.

So I don’t think it is fair to say that the Batray murders the Tessaract :slight_smile:

I get your hype about the potential collaboration, you just took literally one of the most sold and appreciated decks ever in your comparison:wink:

5 Likes

I’ve owned the Tesseract and a shortly a Batray. For some reason it was easier to bang out slides on the Batray than the Tesseract. I think ultimately I’m just biased towards more extreme concave…

I get your point however. The Tesseract is still a very respectable deck that is plenty fine for all types of riding. However I still think the Batray has more ‘thought’ put into the design. It is after all a deck that has seen several iterations and improvements since its release.

*Disclaimer" Not meant in any way confrontational or anything. Feel th need to put this disclaimer in since people seemed to have forgotten what a discussion /exchange of opinions is :slight_smile: All in good faith and meant friendly (people took it the wrong way lately :frowning: )

While that could very well be, since again every concave had its benefits differently for other people. The bat ray is a true free rider, even for more technical stuff. With the double kick tails and the shape not really race oriented. (race oriented deck usually keep their width until the truck bolts to maximize leverage in turns. The nose is also tappered towards a comfy tuck position and limiting your footprint around you to allow to run in packs or trains). Also there are super over-engineered decks, with all the thought put in and they still suck. They might be super pretty and loaded with specs but not really usable :slight_smile:

The big difference would be the construction, the mounts and the batray being symmetrical.

• ( batray) 8 play maple is super solid, but warps can happen, chips and chunks. Water will eventually get in, and the wood will work its course. That’s why most decks we prefer currently are no longer pure maple, to bring more options to the table and ensure longevity.

• (tessaract) The 2 fiberglass and 2 bamboo layers sandwiched in makes it super durable and a smothe ride on the tessaract. Makes it also surprisingly light. The cork feels wicked and it extremely durable.

• ( batray) Flushmounts are flushmounts. awesome.

• (tessaract) tessaract sports 3.5 degree wedging angle changing the behavior of it somewhat and allowing some interesting hardware options.

• (batray) the symmetrical concave is comfy, the W concave is mellow and comfy for long rides. Yet felt a little on the smaller side for toeside maneuvers.

• (tesssaract) the rocker feels similar to the batray, the W definitely more aggressive. Actually in my opinion one of the best W concaves I every stood on. aggressive in the front and back for all kinds of shenanigans while milding out in the midle for comfort and allowing foot placement. For me the flares in the back with the rocker in front, give me the perfect length and pockets for a comfy tuck to really lay into to.

They are 2 very different boards, with different goals they were meant to achieve.

I can go on a skatetrip for weeks and just bring my tessaract. Can freeride, join downhill runs and sing up and try to qualify for races all with one deck. And that thing just doesn’t die, it lives forever lol.

I am not putting one above the other, just stating more clearly that they are very different. (truncated tessaract/batray)

TLDR:" mayby just say you freaking love the batray and are sicked about the deck". There is no need to try to put it above a titan in the industry. There is never a need to compare or put above other decks. If it is awesome it is awesome on its own :slight_smile:

PS: If they do a Batray SK with a bamboo fiberglass core, I will gladly throw my money at them (and so will others) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m in.

I tell myself one of these days I’ll commission a Rocket; seriously comfy concave and everyone loved it:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Lol yeah I’ve been playing with that idea with a bamboo fiberglass core Batray. Though I’d like it to be more stiff than the Tesseract if that’s the case. I appreciate the discussion, since any one sided conversation is boring and doesn’t add too much to the discussion. Also, you bet your ass I loved them flushmounts for the Batray. I will stay to the point that I’m primarily objective about my opinion of certain designs, and I just felt more comfortable on the Batray than I ever have on the Tesseract. However that’s still just me and my limited knowledge/experience though :wink:

2 Likes

Right next to me now is my friend’s Batray that I occasionally take out for a spin :kissing_closed_eyes:

Speaking of which…

1 Like

I’d be up for one of these!

that would be glorious !

They are wicked. Super friendly and amazing customer service. Friend cracked a deck. No questions asked, he got a new one. Just check if you really want such a wide deck or you go for the thinner option. But yeah feels great and Swiss boards, what’s not to love :slight_smile:

Do it, you wont regret it. Just make sure about the width like I said. I got flowed for feet so it suited me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aight, looks like this deal with Nelson is definitely going through! Officially, both Drang and I will have licensed rights to Nelson’s designs. I checked with Drang, and they’re fully equipped to do triax bamboo hybrid Batrays! I’ll probably begin looking into doing large scale production for these triax Batrays in the future, however in the meantime, you can directly ask Drang to do a one-off custom triax Batray. :slight_smile: happy sliding

8 Likes

I want one of whatever u make…

1 Like

Me too, i want whatever you make plus the Labeda wheels plus the pulleys, shipped to Madrid.

3 Likes