New custom deck tailored towards electric skateboarding (Group Buy)

I think there’s a giant skateboard industry that makes a crap ton of awesome decks and they have been in business for ages, we should help keep them in business and buy their sick decks instead of making new ones…Muirskate has a deck for anyone…why are we not trying them all and talking about them? I’ve been burning through the lower cost ones like skateshred for a while to test them with power, I have yet to discover what “the perfect electric skateboard deck” looks like, but there sure is thousands of options to try…I mean, they have done all this homework already right? test them…they come in 6, 7, 8, 9 plys…any shape, flex or not, kicks or not…why not give them credit for making rad decks and find the best one?

3 Likes

I think there’s a fine line between making a cheaper version of something that’s already out there, and trying to innovate. I’ll still continue to save and buy me them Bustin and Loaded decks, however I don’t think it’s unreasonable for this community to create a new deck designed specifically for esk8. What I hope for from this project is to create a product that inspires other long standing companies to create decks more tailored towards esk8ing.

4 Likes

I don’t know of a single deck on the market that has a routed out bottom for fitting esk8 enclosure…why pay our money to company’s that don’t want to recognise the esk8 movement

2 Likes

Have you given them a chance? Email them about it? CNC routing on decks is a pretty popular thing these days too, I bet they would love an excuse to use them for more than just cutting wheel wells. It’s just an idea…I actually contacted a deck builder, why reinvent the wheel? Just tell them what you want in the deck. I’ll ask around…

1 Like

If you’ve contact to them ask them to build a deck with an integrated enclosure …

I’m attempting to bring them here and you can all tell them yourselves, lol

2 Likes

i’m in 10char

I have invited a friend of mine to the thread that heads up DRANG Longboards, he may be able to help: https://www.drangboards.com/

7 Likes

nice theyr dawn with a kicktail like on the loaded cantellated tesseract and integrated enclosure would be a game changer with mucho mucho orders i think

2 Likes

Lovely! Perhaps he can help us prototype and we can collab on a deck? I’m working on a new DIY company, hence It’d be cool to collab on this deck with him as a first product.

2 Likes

Alright boys. Here’s some good news. I’m chatting with @Alphamail’s friend from DRANG Longboards. Looks like ya’ll are going to get to live your dream of seeing an ESK8 deck with ‘sophisticated’ concave and a flat routed bottom to fit your choice of electronics.

I’m personally leaning towards a deck cutout like this.

Of course the concave is going to be overhauled to lock you in when while you’re going at 35mph+…

8 Likes

That handle reminds me of the halo board, which wasn’t so great

I think you should try to draw some “inspiration” from nextboards deck. That design is pretty sweet

1 Like

I like the handle, maybe it can be positioned on the side but it is great!

Btw do you know a realy rough estimation on how long it takes to produce the board? It is such a sweet project!

1 Like

I think I’m pretty locked in for this deck shape. A friend of mine actually owns one, and while I agree the concave isn’t the greatest, the deck shape gives so much foot platform that I’m sold on that alone. The concave will be changed, so whatever gripes I have with it will be dealt with.

3 Likes

The reason for the ‘drag’ handle is because adding a handle to the side will make the deck look uneven. Adding 2 handles will make it far too wide. I’d have to source Raptor 2 styled handles which adds to the labor and costs.

2 Likes

Ah that is a good point didnt think of that

I told you guys id bring some skateboarding into this…drang is totally equiped to handle anything with years of experience and a cnc, it’s great to see you guys working together!

2 Likes

Seen it!

12 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty excited to see what we churn out! Hopefully we get enough interest here to make the whole thing worth while.

2 Likes