New custom deck tailored towards electric skateboarding (Group Buy)

If you still need help with the CAD design let me know and i’ll make a few renderings

2 Likes

It will be 40 USD + shipping to the EU. If there’s enough interest there, I can probably send a shipment over to a trusted member in the EU to handle distribution.

1 Like

Another member is helping me render the deck, so we’ll see how that goes. However if you want to render your own version of a badass looking esk8 deck (sticks to the guidelines of 38" long, 9.5-10" wide, 7.5" wide flat spot, flatcave concave, kicktail), I’d be interested in seeing what you come up with! The community can compare from there and decide what it wants.

2 Likes

I’d also like to hear you guys’ opinions. Do you prefer a super stiff deck (8-ply)? Or do you prefer a slightly more flexible deck with some spring to it? (7-ply)

• 7-ply (I want a little bounce to the board)
  • 8-ply (Kill them speed wobbles!)

0 voters

8ply for sure :wink:

1 Like

where is the option for 9ply? :smiling_imp:

8 is enough if you are only 140 pounds but…

Shape is similar to the python shape. Good luck bro

4 Likes

Made another poll but with a 9-ply option.

• 7-ply (I want a little bounce to the board)
  • 8-ply (Kill them speed wobbles!)
  • 9-ply (Because fuck my back)

0 voters

I don’t have a spine bro. my back can’t hurt

1 Like

Well the people have spoken. 9-ply back breaker it is!

Onto the actual design of the deck, @GrecoMan and I are still trying to finalize the shape of the deck, but then I realized that the Banshee I currently sell + the bolt on kicktail looks pretty close to what I’m envisioning.

Of course the actual deck will be wood, the ‘flatzone’ is narrower, and the concave will be more pronounced… but this is pretty close to what I’m shooting for. Thoughts?

6 Likes

Id be in for one if it would be around $50 shipped domestic.

id be interested ya why not use some cf and less plys make it lighter

I’ll take 2 of those brother

The goal is to create an affordable ‘project deck’ that’s tailored towards esk8ing. If I wanted a CF deck, I would have bought a raptor 1 off of someone else.

3 Likes

i getcha man looks good will it have an integrated inclosure like the banshee?

Nah. I’m making this a ‘blank’ deck for those who want to use their own enclosures. However I’m considering making a recessed battery ‘tray’ roughly 5-10mm deep.

2 Likes

I’m interested.

How much will it weight ? Look is a killer. See when I told ya kicktails were cool folks !

Edit : Any chance to get a drop through version of it ? Stance that thing low !

Edit² : What about a bamboo version cause fuck my logic. Don’t tempt my broken wallet !

Well it’ll probably weight the same as any other 9-ply maple deck. People want a no-flex deck, so bamboo is out the question.

@PredatorBoards what about 10 ply, then carving out a section out of the bottom and making a thinner enclosure to give it a sleeker look, that would also provide a bit more clearance for motors

I mean we could, but you might as well use a riser at that point. a 10-ply deck is gonna be a bit heavy. Anybody else want to pitch in what they think about the whole thing?

1 Like