NEW - Custom Carbon Fiber Decks

yeah I am seriously reconsidering my carbon Deck to a wood/carbon hybrid…

its still coming, have samples soon.

CF Lids do trap the RF Signal. I’m going to test signal propagation, but if that doesn’t work well I’ll cut a window and epoxy the antenna in.

When it comes to smooth rides, I assume that a CF board’s extreme rigidity with smaller wheels, and inadequate padding (soft risers) might the main factor. When I consider my 70mm downhill board with (and without) soft risers to a gutted E-Go with +100mm wheels around 85 duro, the flex and soft risers make a huge difference when it comes to noise and smoothness. The wheel diameter probably plays a role, but I don’t have 50mm wheels to compare with 109mm wheels to test the theory.

Longer trucks :slight_smile: :joy:

Been riding 177mm SurfRodz Hex TKP with extended 70mm axle…

Barely feel much of anything on the pavement now… I’d say it’s a reduction of about 30-45% smoothness now.

Carving ability on the SurfRodz are awesome too.

I use 180mm hangars on everything which is why I didn’t factor it in. I wonder how much contact patch improves the ride.

KMeyerson - any update ? Is it going into production or is this project dead ?

It’s moving forward.

I’m putting my resources towards commissioning production sample parts, assembling them, and then hitting kickstarter. I’ll keep ya’ll posted as I hit other mile stones.

1 Like