New Circular Truck Motor Mount $40 SHIPPED - PICTURES!

Yea maybe I’ll try to draw that when I get home, I’m currently on my one “bathroom break” for today :joy:

Actually I’ll definitely try that when I get home, it’s friday!

2 Likes

i like the teeth idea! that oughta eliminate the need to drill into the trucks

2 Likes

You were never gonna have to drill the trucks… :joy:

i find generally that drilling the trucks on circular mounts makes them way stronger

You ever tried knurled set screws?

1 Like

2 Likes

NOTE TO MY EUROPEAN FRIENDS: The shipping to EU will be a little more, shouldn’t be a lot though, I’ll post an update on here once I get a confirmed amount.

1 Like

Everything fits perfectly! Now time to start designing @darkkevind’s idea :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY:
Please put yourself down on the survey if you plan on buying. I think I will make around 20 mounts but would like to know if people would like more or less. Final price will be determined tomorrow but will probably be around $35 + shipping in US +. EU

PLEASE VOTE!

1 Like

For the side where the holes are slightly oval, as well as a standard washer, you’d need one like this directly against the mount plate to zero any movement.

@darkkevind @Jammeslu @Acdio @Brycehoosiers @mmaner @capfirepants this is the updated version of the clamp, I will know prices soon. But a beautiful render to tide you over until then :wink:

2 Likes

That looks awesome!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you like it! I’m excited to find prices out!

Are you getting them cast or CNC’d?

CNC’d

10 chars

Ok. You might want to think about the tooth design a little with regards to this flat spots on the inside. That would require a really small bit to get that intricacy. However, if you had a larger bit (that’s obviously round), you could basically make it drill/mill the holes side by side and that would effectively leave ‘teeth’, more like tiny flower petals. (See my sketch above).

working on updating the drawings now :slight_smile:

Actually scratch that, I’m leaving for the steel shop in a minute, I’ll work on it when I get back, sorry!

Hey it’s your mount :wink: