New Caliber® trucks for ESK8 community

We’ll have precision trucks coming out soon. Almost done with final testing and will most likely go with Titanium Axles. Same truck set that will work with our direct drive setup.

Of course, 218mm TB Trucks will be much cheaper though. I’ll see if I can upgrade the axles on 218s.

6 Likes

sneak peek?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjCtqfNhgpK/?taken-by=diyelectricskateboard

220mm, riptide pivots & bushings. we have the option for different axles if needed.

12 Likes

wow nice pics. looking sexy. with a smidgen of fins

That one’s only for the DD setup. Otherwise, it’s two of the front trucks if for a belt drive setup.

dont know if youre giving out info but curious about that nice looking hanger. Im guessing its cast aluminum around a steel axle. how thick you doing the axle? i imagine pretty thick given history.

Either 6061 or 7075 Aluminum for the hangers (haven’t decided yet). 8mm Axle is a threaded insert might do Titanium or Stainless Steel.

youre doing an 8mm axle with the long hanger that holds the DD motors!? Maybe Im missing something. that seems an awful long span that will get a lot of leverage no? why not do at least 10mm or something. maybe the aluminum is a good stiff support…still seems safer to skip the aluminum around it and do all steel axle if you dont want to change the rest of the design. im surprised but maybe its totally strong enough just seems an easy additional security with something other than just 8mm inside.

2 Likes

Only the outside of the insert is 8mm. Axle will only hold the wheel itself 25mm. Motor sits on the truck hanger with a 16mm diameter. I’m sure it will be fine. Will do some beta testing though with it first.

5 Likes

Just ordered a pair!

1 Like

How much is shipping to Austalia ? Thank you.

Metroboard, so the motor mount is welded to Caliber truck. He must’ve thrashed that truck to break it.

Not necessarily, welding the hanger inherantly weakens the aluminum of the hanger if not done well. Sometimes the only way to get there mount perfect is to weld it. So compromises.

2 Likes

My next upgrade is turn my single 6374 into a dual, so I’ll have to pass on these (’:

Congrats on getting this all set up though! I look forward to seeing these trucks become more common :smiley:

1 Like

it’s expensive, 36euro’s with dhl

grtz

That’s too expensive. What about post ?

Steel is stronger. Titanium is lighter, more expensive, and more man bling.

1 Like

You are right. When I look up yield strengths of high strength titanium and steel, it shows to be 120,000 psi and 230,000 psi. Cool, but maybe @torqueboards knows the exact values for the ones used the trucks in general. I agree with hummie. If the hangers are longer, I would definitely feel safer with a stronger central shaft. Maybe go with 10mm shaft that is turned down to 8mm towards the end?

Source:

1 Like

You can get steel or titanium alloys of all kinds and different yield strength n sometimes steel is stronger. Fatigue strength maybe is most important and that’s why aluminum sucks.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I found this! Just placed a pre-order.

1 Like