New Caliber® trucks for ESK8 community

just a thought, could we fit a gear drive into it? seems like a good opportunity

2 Likes

Am I the only one being interested in a shorter RKP Caliber 2 truck or a TKP Caliber 2 truck for e-skate ? I mean we got plenty of wide trucks already to use with motor mounts.

What about something really new :

• A Caliber 2 RKP style hanger for TKP truck (I mean the simple shape to put motor mount on it), say hello to super nimble boards
  • A Caliber 2 RKP made for straight or almost straight hub motor mounting instead of the generic ones, say hello to higher ride quality stealth boards
  • A very narrow RKP Caliber 2 truck for penny board builds and very slim boards, with just enough room to fit motor mounts so it doesn’t look goofy and kicking the wheels by accident becomes irrelevant, say hello to monster penny !

I really don’t care about a wider truck, but I give you respects for talking it out with the brand !

2 Likes

I don’t think wider axels would fix the issues because many people use 6374 or and they need a wider hanger to fit them on you will be limiting yourself to a 6355 motor with the standard hanger from caliber.

yes but 6355 sensored or waterproof is not possible atm with 15mm belts right? A longer axle would give that extra bit of room :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i personally dont want to go so wide as tb218 or evolve trucks. i like the width of caliber and that bit extra makes it possible to have enough space for dual and extra wide belts or other drive systems. Also lets not forget that this solution is not a big hassle for caliber, which is good for all the eskater with not big of a budget. Before i would go dual 6374, i would probably go AWD with smaller motors, i know that defies the budged argument.

2 Likes

@e.board_solutions first off, my bad for losing against France, you deserved to win. But how is it going with the new Caliber Trucks? Any update or eta?

1 Like

Hehe yes we should have won :frowning:

They said they will send a prototype picture soon :slight_smile:

yeah i must say eden hazard played even better than in the league, i was very impressed with his control of the ball. i thought the first picture was their prototype, can’t wait to see it.

1 Like

Tbh I would be more interested in a precision truck made for eskate, castings have wide ranges or tolerances, where precision are pretty tight and can get mounts made to fit more uniformly

2 Likes

@Brad

Made some designs that are good for esk8

Hey guys

I ordered the trucks :slight_smile:

You can buy them here in Pre-sale: https://electricboardsolutions.com/products/caliber-truck-ii-50-with-extended-axle-pre-sale-pair

If there is interest to get them to the US maybe someone can organise a groupbuy?

CaliberTruckExtendeAxle

Please note the picture is made by me, I’m waiting for official caliber pictures.

5 Likes

What would the benefit be to longer axles as you qould still be limited to the size of the hangers do to dual motors

I guess you can use bigger motor and wider belts

You could use motormounts that have a sleeve over the hangar but stick out on the axle to get dual and you can maybe use this truck for a directr drive (diy?)

I ma think at making a direct drive. Shouldn’t be that difficult. But I think that a truck with almost all axeles would be better. Similar to the Maytech ones for belt drive system. Than you would need only to adapt a hub motor for that.

Most motor mounts for the cals dont have this they only one I have seen are @psychotiller mounts

You can use pulleys wit a bearing in it, like enertion didna while ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or mine

/Shameless plug

3 Likes

Someone is going to need to check to be sure, but I bet you could use metroboard 20mm pulleys with dual 6355 on these trucks.

2 Likes

Yes ofcourse! This truck is handy for it because you will have to lathe less of the truck down or can fit bigger motors on it